Contribute
Register

macOS Sierra PB: Need testers for new AMD Radeon drivers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
The new macOS Sierra 10.12.6 Public Beta version 2 is out. the relevant AMD 9510 Controller kext and 4100 kext are at version 1.51.8, in the 4100 kext there is :
<key>IOPCIMatch</key>
<string>0x67E01002 0x67FF1002 0x67EF1002</string>

but the audio is lacking a certain something, most notably sound.

I don't see Vega RX coming to Macs soon. All new OEM PCs at computex use RX 5xx, so will the macbook pro (at least the rx 540). Full native support will be appreciated tbh.

Vega 10 is in Sierra and its similar in volume and format to the RX 400-500 series drivers. we will get one of the forms of vega running, hopefully its not a watered down card.

Vega 10 is in Sierra and its similar in volume and format to the RX 400-500 series drivers. we will get one of the forms of vega running, hopefully its not a watered down card.

Also hoping it will have actual working audio.

June 27th the release of Vega Frontier cards. 25 teraflops, probably $2500. Late July AMD will announce gaming Vega plaltforms. August, September, November?

Meanwhile another CPU (16 core threadripper X399) launch will take place most likely before Vega consumer cards hit the shelves. We may see Volta before Vega hits the shelves, then it will be behind before it launches. I think AMD wants to stay in second place, it's tough to be number one too much pressure?

Maybe this will help. https://www.google.com/shopping/pro...d=0ahUKEwj8yvXDhZvUAhWKg1QKHbDbBbcQ8wIIigEwCw

so amd basically announced that they will announce the vega cards that people actually will buy in 2 months.. an announcement for an announcement - why talking in the first place??

somehow i have a feeling vega is coming in Q4 :/

so amd basically announced that they will announce the vega cards that people actually will buy in 2 months.. an announcement for an announcement - why talking in the first place??

somehow i have a feeling vega is coming in Q4 :/

Just in time for Christmas! A year too late!

... I think AMD wants to stay in second place, it's tough to be number one too much pressure?

I am wondering why AMD and Intel are suddenly pushing these multicore cpus toward the desktop folks instead of the server folks. There really are not many applications designed to use that a whole lot of threads. Heck, even the desktop operating systems are not geared to handle that many threads.

Well you would get an 8-10-12 or 16 core and disable hyper threading in bios.
Personally I would like a 16 core if it clocks to the same speed as the 8 core Ryzens.
As it is effectively 2 cpus welded together.. then there is a good chance it will.

Leaves a lot of head room to have multiple apps running in the background and while always having a core ready and able to give it's full attention.. 12 cores would probably be the sweet spot though..

I don't really game though.. people who don't want more cores seems to be mostly gamers..
Alternatively I would rather actually see fewer but much larger cores/cache.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back