Contribute
Register

macOS Sierra PB: Need testers for new AMD Radeon drivers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well you would get an 8-10-12 or 16 core and disable hyper threading in bios.
Personally I would like a 16 core if it clocks to the same speed as the 8 core Ryzens.
As it is effectively 2 cpus welded together.. then there is a good chance it will.

Leaves a lot of head room to have multiple apps running in the background and while always having a core ready and able to give it's full attention.. 12 cores would probably be the sweet spot though..

I don't really game though.. people who don't want more cores seems to be mostly gamers..
Alternatively I would rather actually see fewer but much larger cores/cache.

I take it that you are hoping for more than slightly refreshed dual-core notebooks from next week's show. :)

Hope, drivers will be available right in developers beta... But anyway, that's really good news, cuz as I understand there will also be support for previous Radeon RX 4xx series...

Any idea of how much the AMD Vega cards will cost (from lowest range to highest). Wondering if they will all be way out of my price range and I should just settle for a RX 580 card.

Do we know which Vega card version Apple is planning on using in the new iMac Pro coming out at the end of the year?

Vega is supposed to be priced right around the 1080-1080ti mark for the gaming 8-16gb models, $599, $499, $399, amd so on. Rumored to be competitive with the Pascal pricing scheme.

Initial launch, Vega Frontier edition? $1000, +- $200, similar to TitanXP.

Vega is supposed to be priced right around the 1080-1080ti mark for the gaming 8-16gb models, $599, $499, $399, amd so on. Rumored to be competitive with the Pascal pricing scheme.

Initial launch, Vega Frontier edition? $1000, +- $200, similar to TitanXP.

Now you know why it has taken so long for Vega to be released, Apple bought out the supply :).

Well you would get an 8-10-12 or 16 core and disable hyper threading in bios.
Personally I would like a 16 core if it clocks to the same speed as the 8 core Ryzens.
As it is effectively 2 cpus welded together.. then there is a good chance it will.

Leaves a lot of head room to have multiple apps running in the background and while always having a core ready and able to give it's full attention.. 12 cores would probably be the sweet spot though..

I don't really game though.. people who don't want more cores seems to be mostly gamers..
Alternatively I would rather actually see fewer but much larger cores/cache.

Apple must have had you in mind.

this external gpu things makes me curious.
and i'm really excited what hardware they'll put in the new mac pro, since the iMac pro really is high-end.. but non-upgradeable, so this is a bonus for the mac pro.

Apple must have had you in mind.

It's a bit late for them. I have a maxed 5k imac already.. but I prefer my hack if I'm honest. Have it setup just how I like..
Probably sell the 5k soon..

I know the imac pro is supposed to have improved cooling.. but I like a **completely** silent system when under load. No fans above 600rpm. Water pump isolated and undervolted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back