Contribute
Register

macOS Sierra PB: Need testers for new AMD Radeon drivers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have my 6700k igpu disabled, and it works great.

I think it should work on a x99 system to. Just use the normal bios to install Mac OS, then switch over to the modded one when you inject the card via clover.
thanks

I have my 6700k igpu disabled, and it works great.

I think it should work on a x99 system to. Just use the normal bios to install Mac OS, then switch over to the modded one when you inject the card via clover.
I watched your youtube vedio,could you tell me the tools your used to run WINDOWS softwares on Mac,is that crossover or a virtual machine?

I watched your youtube vedio,could you tell me the tools your used to run WINDOWS softwares on Mac,is that crossover or a virtual machine?

It's parallels. You need to actually boot into windows to use winflash. Or create a boot disk to use atiflash. winflash seemed easier to me, as atiflash didn't seem to find the gpu.

Hey all, I was wondering if someone could possibly help me. I just bought an XFX RX 480 8gb to use in my dual boot hack. I've gone through the kext editing and clover config offered here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-gaming-skylake-i5-6500-macos-10-12-3.209909/

I have configured (I think) the iGPU as primary in the BIOS, but when I am booting my machine, I can see the bootup process and Clover through my dedicated GPU connection. It looks pretty crappy with a green background. If I select my Mac drive, I get approximately 3/4 of the way through the Apple loading screen and then black screen.

What does work is if I ONLY have my iGPU connected, and then boot Mac, log in, and then unplug that and plug it into my GPU.

Is there a way to get this so that I can have both connected to my monitor, and then switch the input as needed?

Hey all, I was wondering if someone could possibly help me. I just bought an XFX RX 480 8gb to use in my dual boot hack. I've gone through the kext editing and clover config offered here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-gaming-skylake-i5-6500-macos-10-12-3.209909/

I have configured (I think) the iGPU as primary in the BIOS, but when I am booting my machine, I can see the bootup process and Clover through my dedicated GPU connection. It looks pretty crappy with a green background. If I select my Mac drive, I get approximately 3/4 of the way through the Apple loading screen and then black screen.

What does work is if I ONLY have my iGPU connected, and then boot Mac, log in, and then unplug that and plug it into my GPU.

Is there a way to get this so that I can have both connected to my monitor, and then switch the input as needed?

I recommend a cheap HDMI switch like this.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01KQ01MV4/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Do you know if this will fix the issue? It smells to me like an improper BIOS config. Having both the iGPU and the GPU plugged into the monitor at once still only produces video from the GPU.

Did you set your IGD minimum memory to 64mb in bios?

I have a VGA cable connected to my motherboard or igpu, and hdmi to RX 480, the vga shows the clover boot screen, then it drops out and I get the RX 480 at log in. I have a couple of different monitors and one works automatically, the other needs to use select switch to go between monitors.
The HDMI switch is a great way to do it if you don't have auto switching on the monitor.

Did you set your IGD minimum memory to 64mb in bios?

I have a VGA cable connected to my motherboard or igpu, and hdmi to RX 480, the vga shows the clover boot screen, then it drops out and I get the RX 480 at log in. I have a couple of different monitors and one works automatically, the other needs to use select switch to go between monitors.
The HDMI switch is a great way to do it if you don't have auto switching on the monitor.

The way you have it set up would be ideal for me, but in my case, if I have both connected (in my case, iGPU by HDMI and GPU by DP), the only signal comes from the GPU. This includes BIOS splash, Clover, and then the Apple logo until it freezes. iGPU produces no signal when both of them are plugged in.

Is IGD minimum memory the same as DVMT Pre-Allocated? If so, I had that set to 128M and changed it to 64M but saw no obvious change in behavior. My other options in the graphics config section of the bios are "Primary Display" (set to IGFX), iGPU "Multi-Monitor" (Enabled), and "RC6 Render Standby" (Enabled).

Hmm seems to me still no sound around for the RX480 via DP and 10.12.3 :shifty:

Sad news on that front ... none of the RX 4nn cards have audio working in the usual ways, and the unusual ways that one can do to get it to work essentially make the card useless. The Apple AMD kexts need some improvements before we will have decent audio. (Just to be clear, this is also true for the HDMI ports as well.)

Warning!!! For All You Weekend Upgraders:

The new Clover release (v 4012) has the same problem as the v 4003 release. When using macOS 10.12.3 with the config. option inject ATI = true, the DP connector is turned off, but you still get the HDMI connector on. (Gigabyte RX 460 4GB)

I am guessing the someone at Clover is doing some mapping on the connectors and did not test enough combinations. Using inject ATI = false is okay as far as getting all of the connectors back, but you lose the pretty formatting for your card, as well as any other benefits that you would gain by using the injected ATI properties. I will not be able to test macOS 10.12.4 PB until later.

p.s. I do not have an account at Clover, so I am not in a position to pass along that information over there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back