i5-4690K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everyone,
i Have a problem to finish booting from fusion drive to maOS Sierra without USB Installer drive,
i mad a fusion drive SSD 120 Gb + HDD 500 Gb.
i Installed maOS Sierra on that Fusion Drive.
i boot up to maOS with USB Installer.
After installing clover can't create EFI partition or mount it to add kexts or config.plist file. so i couldn't locate it on boot screen
i stuck here ):
any help please :D

Not a Guide - Moved to Desktop Support.

I got the same problem with my second rig, where i have made a 500gb fusiondrive out of 2 240G SSDs. It`s not to hard, you have to install clover into the efi partition of on of the 2 Drives. Try search here on tonymac, i think you will find the solution as i have too...

With diskutil list you can see the 2 drives wich make your FusionDrive. I think Disk0s1 should be the EFI-Partition from the first drive of your FusionDrive, but definitely look with diskutil in Terminal, your disc-configuration may differ...

Hello everyone,
i Have a problem to finish booting from fusion drive to maOS Sierra without USB Installer drive,
i mad a fusion drive SSD 120 Gb + HDD 500 Gb.
i Installed maOS Sierra on that Fusion Drive.
i boot up to maOS with USB Installer.
After installing clover can't create EFI partition or mount it to add kexts or config.plist file. so i couldn't locate it on boot screen
i stuck here ):
any help please :D

it's normal, because you have two hdd in one but the efi when create is two. If you use the mounter v3 you can find two partitions but you see only one big fusion partition under utility disco. When install the update clove efi, open the efi from HHD after update with mounter and then the efi partition from SSD and replace the BOOT and CLOVER inside, don't touch any other folders, special the APPLE folder, from the efi of HDD. Be careful the config.plist from Efi SSD, because when install the clover efi in HHD, the app create a new config.plist different from yours. The other solution is boot from HDD and not from SSD but remember, if your SSD broken, without a backup from time machine or other software, is all lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back