Contribute
Register

macOS Sierra freezes when playing twitter videos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Gaming SLI
CPU
i3-9100
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
So I installed Sierra directly from El Capitan and everything worked except for audio as usual. I ran the toleda script and everything seemed fine. But then my system freeze while i was playing music. I thought this was random, but playing music on YouTube or iTunes did not freeze my system. What I realize is that playing twitter videos freezes my system (even if i'm playing them on tweetbot), Twicth makes it freeze too (but only in Safari not in Chrome). Anyone with similar problems?
I´m using Clover v2.3k r3726 because of a problem with mirrored display. And my audio is ALC898.

So I installed Sierra directly from El Capitan and everything worked except for audio as usual. I ran the toleda script and everything seemed fine. But then my system freeze while i was playing music. I thought this was random, but playing music on YouTube or iTunes did not freeze my system. What I realize is that playing twitter videos freezes my system (even if i'm playing them on tweetbot), Twicth makes it freeze too (but only in Safari not in Chrome). Anyone with similar problems?
I´m using Clover v2.3k r3726 because of a problem with mirrored display. And my audio is ALC898.

in the same case.

GA-Z87MX-D3H
audio ALC892
i5-4670K

updated from El Capitan with Clover

you are not alone! my system freezes the second I start watching plex using a browser and on other sites as well... Youtube is working for me though !

You are not alone, there are other thread about this, so we are many. ****** also has some post about it. I tried everything so far i was not able to fix the issue. Mine case is watching some type of videos. This only happen on safari. crhome and firefox work fine.

Yes YouTube work for me on Safari.

Youtube also working perfectly on safari.

Twitter only cause freezing equipment completely.

I tried "GraphicsEnabler = no" without any effect.

I've been having this issue since upgrading from El Capitan. Googling the issue revealed earlier complaints from El Capitan users with similar symptoms and it was supposedly fixed by disabling WebGL in Safari. This did not work for me.

I don't seem to be having the problem in Chrome so I'm confident the issue is with Safari and Sierra. No issue when running Safari 10 in El Capitan. YouTube works fine but most other video seems to trigger the issue.

I found complaints from (presumably non-Hackintosh) users on the MacOS ****** (/r/MacOS) so the issue is probably with Safari/MacOS itself and not our builds?

I'm using an iMac 14,2 SMBIOS and Clover 3726. I'm quite relieved that this isn't just my issue but I really hope they resolve this.

Throwing my hat into the ring as another data point. I have a perfectly working Sierra with the safari crash problem. I can replicate by going to a specific web page, one that doesn't have video, oddly.

I've also searched for solutions and found non-hackintosh users with similar issues. Recommendations to clear the safari cache and history didn't work for me.

Agree it seems to be a general macOS/safari issue. I'm using chrome instead for now with no problems.

Thinking that this may be related to sound instead of video, since the only "fix" i had to do when updating was to fix the sound, since i didn`t have sound.

Well no luck. I remove the kext. play the video without any sound device and it`s still froze. I put the kext on a different folder this time instead of clover. i used System/Library/Extension and same thing. What i notice is that while the whole system froze, including mouse movement, the audio from the video was still playing.

I`m really considering going back to El Capitan. I don`t like Chrome and Firefox behavior on Mac. besides the only thing "new" is siri and i`m not using it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back