Contribute
Register

macOS Native Discrete GPU Power Management

Status
Not open for further replies.
What smbios do you recommend for a Z370, i7 8700K and Vega 64?
macOS does not natively support Coffee Lake processors, currently; Mojave will
Core i7 is not Xeon W
Until iMac/Coffee Lake released: imac18,3 with dAGPM

Last edited:
Thanks, ha I meant to say iMac17,1.

Core i7 is not Xeon W
Thankyou :)
After examining "BE088AF8C5EB4FA2" in S/L/AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext, the imac18,3 definition already has what the dAGPM kext has.. so is it correct to say there is no need for dAGPM for Vega AMD cards on the imac18,3 definition?

@toleda Thanks for the great guide!

Took me quite a few pages of this thread to find out why it didn't work initially for me.
- I reverted back to Multibeast SMBIOS for iMac17,1 instead of clover configurator generated one ( copied over serial number )
- I didn't add my Device-ID to Vendor10deDevice
- Loading the driver in S/L/E didn't fix my loading issues because of other errors
- InjectKexts in clover was on "Detect", changing to Yes and removing the patches for GFX0→IGPU since I run graphicsfixup.
Changing to "Yes" and keep it as a string seems to work fine. I guess since it has multiple options a boolean value would be incorrect.
- I didn't realise that iMac17,1 has different board IDs, this guide will work great if you just used multibeast.

So far performance doesn't seem to have improved much, slight clock increase. I would be curious if there were ways of unlocking the normal clockspeed of this card on macOS.

Hope this helps some other lost soul who didn't go through all the replies!

Last edited:
Man, I really wish I can understand this guide. It´s impossible for me.

Is there anyone with RX560 on 10.13.6 not having freezing issues? There are a lot of conflicting reports and I thought I'd check in before updating

* thought I'd chime in to say that I'm super stable on 10.13.6 with rx560 using lilu and whatevergreen.

Last edited:
Core i7 is not Xeon W

@toleda Will you update Post #1 now Mojave is official?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back