Contribute
Register

macOS Native CPU/IGPU Power Management

Hi @toleda , thank you for the guide! I've one question; I hope it's not off:
How can I modify clock and turbo frequency, as I was able to do with ssdtPRGen?

Hi @toleda , thank you for the guide! I've one question; I hope it's not off:
How can I modify clock and turbo frequency, as I was able to do with ssdtPRGen?

Although you can change those settings in ssdtPRgen.sh, they would have no effect.
(because all the data in APSS/APLF/APSN is being ignored).

Although you can change those settings in ssdtPRgen.sh, they would have no effect.
(because all the data in APSS/APLF/APSN is being ignored).

Ok, thanks for the info! Is there another way I can modify the max turbo frequency?

Ok, thanks for the info! Is there another way I can modify the max turbo frequency?

It is controlled by FrequencyVectors in the X86PlatformPlugin plist for your SMBIOS board-id.

It is controlled by FrequencyVectors in the X86PlatformPlugin plist for your SMBIOS board-id.

I went to

/System/Library/Extensions/IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/X86PlatformPlugin.kext/Contents/Resources

Opened Mac-BE088AF8C5EB4FA2.plist with Text Editor and added

Code:
<key>Frequencies</key>
        <dict>
            <key>800</key>
            <integer>0</integer>
            <key>3600</key>
            <string>1</string>
            <key>3900</key>
            <string>2</string>
        </dict>

since the key wasn't present and I saw it was located between "IOPlatformSystemSleepPolicy" and "FrequencyVectors" in some others plists located in the same folder.

But I still hit 4.4GHz with Intel Power Gadget.
Many thanks for the help.

Attachments

• Mac-BE088AF8C5EB4FA2.plist
    14.4 KB · Views: 228
Last edited:
I went to

/System/Library/Extensions/IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/X86PlatformPlugin.kext/Contents/Resources

Opened Mac-BE088AF8C5EB4FA2.plist with Text Editor and added

Code:
<key>Frequencies</key>
        <dict>
            <key>800</key>
            <integer>0</integer>
            <key>3600</key>
            <string>1</string>
            <key>3900</key>
            <string>2</string>
        </dict>

since the key wasn't present and I saw it was located between "IOPlatformSystemSleepPolicy" and "FrequencyVectors" in some others plists located in the same folder.

But I still hit 4.4GHz with Intel Power Gadget.
Many thanks for the help.

iMac18,3 may be using HWP (aka SpeedShift: pstates are hardware controlled)... I never checked.
But FrequencyVectors is present in that plist.
That boardid probably only has one possible CPU, which is why the Frequencies dictionary is not present (same FrequencyVectors always used, as there is only one CPU possible).

Gotta wonder why you're trying to make your system slower.

iMac18,3 may be using HWP
Ah, okay. This is clearly Steve Jobs trolling me from the afterlife for violating Apple's EULA.

Gotta wonder why you're trying to make your system slower.
Yeah, I know it's against common sense, but:
  • I launch Safari, CPU jumps to 4.4GHz, temps get suddently high, fans accelerate for 3 sec and I'm triggered by the useless noise.
  • Very high temps in summer here.
Thank you for your time.

Yeah, I know it's against common sense, but:
  • I launch Safari, CPU jumps to 4.4GHz, temps get suddently high, fans accelerate for 3 sec and I'm triggered by the useless noise.
  • Very high temps in summer here.
Thank you for your time.

Your BIOS may have some controls for fan behavior that you might want to look into tweaking.

macOS 10.13, GA-z97x-ud7 th, bios version F6, i5 4690K, GeForce GTX 760
Loaded optimized defaults in bios, macOS won't come up. Had to disable IGFX to get it to work.

I have the following kexts in kexts/Other folder - don't have any version folders:
AppleIntelE1000e.kext
FakeSMC.kext
USBInjectAll.kext
VoodooHDA.kext

@CodeDJ We seem to have a similar setup. Can you please share your current; EFI (with DSDT and SSDT, config.plist), IOREG, and info on the drivers you have used to get your setup working? It seems like the only thing I have working so far is CPU PM working.

Back