• Light Mode

Votes: 112 28.0%
  • Dark Mode

Votes: 288 72.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
why do you ask?

Would be nice to start a new poll to see if things have changed one year later... ;)

Dark! I've always looked for any way to protect my eyes: when I worked as a video editor, twenty years ago, the first thing I did in the morning, when powering on the machines, was calibrating the displays — knowing that I'd work all day long my eyes on them. Most of the other editors used to crank up the white level and ended the day with their eyes cooked. :mrgreen:
Now, in every browser I use there's a Dark Mode extension or a Stylus style (some I've created), a dark theme, plus a global dim utility and my eyes are always at ease. :)
(not to mention a global shortcut to invert colors for old apps that were plain white...)

Yes, I prefer a mid-point grey if I can get it. Photoshop used to have a slider white-to-black, then they changed to just a few set steps.

That's the problem. Not enough apps are properly coded for adjustment. Some new dark themes are just difficult to use.

Ideally I do prefer Dark too, but some implementations are just unpleasant.

o_O

All I want now is a Dark Mode here...

Dark, less strain on the eyes. Although I do agree with the cleanliness comments of those who prefer white.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back