Contribute
Register

macOS High Sierra Public Beta 4 is Now Available

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, damn.. just noticed. Yes it most definitely converts to APFS without asking ;P

Yeah I recognized it when I tried to boot high Sierra after installation without the APFS driver for Clover.
There was no partition to select for booting. :mrgreen:

I had to delete EmuVariableUEFI.efi in order for beta 4 to install. If i don't, I get the dreaded OSInstall.mpkg missing error.

Are you also using Lilu?
Yup and both the latest, the RX 480 boots just fine always but loses the acceleration after a certain time, then I have to restart to have the acceleration back. I think the kexts don't officially support 10.13.. Of course for me kexts run flawless on 10.12.6.

No methods work for me going from PB3 to PB4. I had a lot of trouble PB2->PB3, ended up downloading the Install HS app from the App Store, rebuilding the USB key, and installing off that, which worked. This go around nothing works for me, not App Store, not rebuilding USB key with latest Install HS app, not recovery partition. For a while each boot would just load to a PB3 desktop but with errors in Safari about webkit, suggesting the install had gone part way. Now regardless of booting off drive or recovery I get the immediate prohibited sign.

This is on an SSD that I had Sierra on, installed HS PB 1 on and immediately converted to APFS. The update to PB2 was painless. Since then, pain. Not sure what my options are. It was always a play SSD so worst case I can wipe it but I'd rather get the install to run cleanly.

p.s. the behavior if I boot off the USB key is that it goes through the normal installer screens, then goes to copy files, starts at 8 minutes, jumps down to 2, then restarts, but I get the prohibited sign. At one point I was able to boot the recovery partition and tried several times to install from there with a more normal 30-minute-ish install but it never properly updated to the right PB4 build number and Safari had webkit issues loading sites.

UPDATE: it's booting up now, I just put the latest 4152 clover on the stick and suddenly it booted up fine. I also randomly put the latest apfs.efi on the stick. Between those two things I seem to be back in business on PB4.

Last edited:
Is there a changelog for this build somewhere?

May I ask how you managed to install the latest beta to HFS?
My partition converts itself automatically to APFS when I install.

Thanks in advance. :)
I was on an NVME on APFS on public beta 3.
1) I then made a time machine backup
2) I then formatted a usb stick to hfs and made a High Sierra installer with the newest public beta.
3) I added another empty USB stick to install to
4) booted to the install usb with clover, and installed into the other empty USB stick.
5) after it finished installing, I erased my NVME drive and formatted it as HFS from my USB.
6) then, I used carbon copy cloner to copy my new install from the USB to the HFS NVME i just formatted.
7) Then i booted into the NVME and did a "migration assistant" to put my time machine data back in.

If you are already on the latest beta, you could just CCC your drive to another drive, then format your boot drive as HFS and then CCC the stuff back in.

Yup and both the latest, the RX 480 boots just fine always but loses the acceleration after a certain time, then I have to restart to have the acceleration back. I think the kexts don't officially support 10.13.. Of course for me kexts run flawless on 10.12.6.

Hopefully RX Vega will resolve this. Now if we can get RX Vega...cursed miners

Sierra 10.13 beta 5?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2560-08-10 at 14.04.55.png
    Screen Shot 2560-08-10 at 14.04.55.png
    100.1 KB · Views: 411
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back