Contribute
Register

macOS High Sierra Public Beta 4 is Now Available

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully RX Vega will resolve this. Now if we can get RX Vega...cursed miners
I was everyday thinking to get RX Vega as soon as its out, but not more interested after reading that AMD GPU partners in Europe like HIS is starting the 64 edition reference for 600 EURO, sure the dealers will add another 80 or 100 so its gonna be like 700 EURO GPU? totally not worth it, even for 600.. for me both RX Vega cards not worth any Cent more than what AMD has already announced, any higher than that I give both RX Vega already to miners.

Vega is not an option for me anymore as RX 480 is doing well for both Windows and OS X, most likely 2080 Volta from Nvidia is my next GPU.

Last edited:
So anyone installed in Intel NUCi3 6th gen?

Please share your installation method.

Intel 530 graphics not working whatsover for me in beta 4 on 10.13. I haven't removed my discrete nvidia 1080 card to test skylake graphics on its own; however in beta 3, skylake 530 graphics was working with full acceleration with the discrete nvidia card installed.

Anyone else having trouble with skylake 530 graphics on beta 4?

Try use SMBIOS iMac14,2 with Graphics>inject>intel>True and ig-platform-id>0x19120000.
No need to use any graphics patch or kext.

For people getting the prohibited sign after upgrading or doing a new install of public beta 4, this happened to me as well.

The solution for me, was to use a newer version of apfs.efi - after which beta 4 booted up fine. I've attached a newer version (which worked for me) to this post for those who might need it.

Attachments

• apfs.efi.zip
    257.6 KB · Views: 149
I got a also an error by trying to update, I had create a new install stick, when I try to start the installer from stick the loading bar will fill 3/4 % and then it's shows an rotating circle which will stuck,
First I thought the reason could my UHD display be, I also tried a other smbios new apfs.efi fakeid for graphics, do anybody have some ideas?

// It's working now after removing EmuVariableUefi-64.efi

Last edited:
For people getting the prohibited sign after upgrading or doing a new install of public beta 4, this happened to me as well.

The solution for me, was to use a newer version of apfs.efi - after which beta 4 booted up fine. I've attached a newer version (which worked for me) to this post for those who might need it.

I add this and it didn't work.

Any other ideas?

I have upgraded , works fine. ( on my build G1840 - Radeon rx 460 OC 2GB)

Beta 4 août 11 15-47-59.png

Try use SMBIOS iMac14,2 with Graphics>inject>intel>True and ig-platform-id>0x19120000.
No need to use any graphics patch or kext.
I found out what the issue was. My Pascal card was installed (without graphics drivers), and, if in my BIOS I choose Intel 530 as the primary graphics device, then under beta 4, the will boot, but the window server crashes, and I can't get to the desktop, even if nv_disable is set to 1. Under beta 3, I had no such problem, so something changed under the hood in beta 4.

So the options are:
1) Use PEG (with Pascal) as the primary graphics, but since there is no acceleration on Pascal yet in High Sierra, it looks awful.
2) Remove the Pascal card and boot from Intel 530 graphics.
3) Insert my old GeForce 660 TI which has native acceleration in high sierra. The key is, if the primary graphics device in the BIOS is set to Intel 530, then I must not use nv_disable=1 boot flag in combination with my 660TI, else the window server won't start. I can also leave my Pascal card in the motherboard under this option.

So now I'm good! Just waiting for nVidia to release Web Drivers for High Sierra so I can use Pascal instead of my old 660TI!

I cannot seem to upgrade to Public Beta 4 from PB 3. I have had all the public betas on my Z77 machine since release, but all the attempts to upgrade to PB 4 stall out. In verbose mode I see the following- it cycles every 10s ad infinitum:
Screen Shot 2017-08-13 at 8.38.55 PM.png

which is followed by a screen flash with:
Screen Shot 2017-08-13 at 8.38.30 PM.png

so not much help in figuring out the problem. Any suggestions?

I cannot seem to upgrade to Public Beta 4 from PB 3. I have had all the public betas on my Z77 machine since release, but all the attempts to upgrade to PB 4 stall out. In verbose mode I see the following- it cycles every 10s ad infinitum:
View attachment 272155

which is followed by a screen flash with:
View attachment 272156

so not much help in figuring out the problem. Any suggestions?

Hi been looking for help on same prob but on laptop only happened on high Sierra beta 4 no luck as of yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back