Contribute
Register

macOS High Sierra 10.13 Supplemental Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should install your ethernet kext to /efi/clover/kexts/other - then you will be able to erase the damaged HFS+ partition and download/re-install macOS from recovery.
Thank you friend, I'll try doind this later today. Can I ask you more questions if something goes wrong during the process?
Good day for you!

-- edit --

How do I put my internet kext from the recovery partition? I'm not familiarized with the terminal :x

Thank you friend, I'll try doind this later today. Can I ask you more questions if something goes wrong during the process?
Good day for you!

-- edit --

How do I put my internet kext from the recovery partition? I'm not familiarized with the terminal :x
Is your motherboard firmware UEFI or legacy BIOS?

You can browse to the EFI partition on your boot drive and copy the kext, alternatively if this is not possible and you can use windows:
  • Format a USB drive as Master Boot Record / FAT32
  • Mount the Clover ISO and copy the entire contents onto the USB drive
  • On the USB drive, browse to the folder EFI\CLOVER\KEXTS\OTHER
  • Download your ethernet kernel extension and copy it to the above folder
Hopefully you can use this EFI-bootable USB drive to get into recovery and re-install macOS

Okay, that worked - removing EmuVariableUefi-64.efi for the duration of the installation

I also disabled the EmuVariableUefi64.efi. I simply renamed the file to EmuVariableUefi64.efi.old in my /EFI/EFI/Clover/drivers64UEFI folder.

Booted from my pen drive (the one with the initial High Sierra setup) and chose the Mac OS Install drive. This solved all my previous issues, the file was found etc.

I did not need to change any of the boot options in Clover.

This was to update my NUC6i5SYH. I had originally installed it using the instructions from RehabMan https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...g-clover-uefi-nuc6i5syk-nuc6i7kyk-etc.232743/

I hope this helps someone else.

You can browse to the EFI partition on your boot drive and copy the kext, alternatively if this is not possible and you can use windows:
Hopefully you can use this EFI-bootable USB drive to get into recovery and re-install macOS

Can I use finder in the recovery tools screen?

Thanks, your solution worked, I've mounted my EFI partition through windows and pasted the realtek kext there. Reinstalling macOS in recovery ATM. Thanks so much for your patience.

Successful update.

1. Uninstalled NVIDIA drivers through System Preferences.
2. Launched update from App Store.
3. On restart, selected Install macOS from the Clover boot screen.
4. Install proceeded flawlessly.
5. On reboot, logged in and installed the new NVIDIA drivers.
6. Rebooted, and all is well.

I have a regular old spinning hard drive, so I didn't have to deal with AFPS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back