Contribute
Register

macOS High Sierra 10.13 Supplemental Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, good reading! Thanks @feartech . I'll make a backup and move my kexts around to the library. At least my system is fine ATM. @vulgo helped me putting my internet kext to clover EFI partition so I could use internet on the recovery partition, because of that I thought that putting the lilu and nvidiafix there would be correct too. Sorry if I misguided you. Maybe others can help more. Good luck.

I thought that putting the lilu and nvidiafix there would be correct too
That is the correct location for those particular kexts, if you need them. For installing in /L/E you also need LiluFriend for them to work properly.

That is the correct location for those particular kexts, if you need them. For installing in /L/E you also need LiluFriend for them to work properly.

Can somebody just please make a one stop shop for all the possible proper methods?
this is getting ridiculous, so many people contradict each other, some say add kexts to EFI, others say to /L/E
How exactly am I supposed to know which kext goes where? its not specified anywhere.
other say enable SIP, some say disable SIP.
Some say use Lilu and NvidiaGraphicsFixup, other say just use AGDPfix
Some people also say something about disabling NVRAM, others say Enable it

Jesus Christ, This is very very very confusing,
This update is just hell.

I have never found a reason to use LiluFriend.kext.

some say add kexts to EFI, others say to /L/E
Lilu and plugins need to load very early to work properly. The developer therefore recommends injecting via Clover. LiluFriend is a kext that marks itself as a security plugin, with Lilu + plugins as its dependencies, so they load right at the start of boot, wherever they are installed. With the multibeast defaults you may (or may not) need LiluFriend and install to /L/E

Apart from the above exception, kexts belong in the cache, many won't work otherwise, so install to /L/E

The other situation is booting without the kernel cache, booting installers or recovery. With MultiBeast defaults you should install an extra copy of FakeSMC and your Ethernet kext (aka essential kexts) to /efi/clover/kexts/other and keep them up to date so you are able to boot without the cache.

Last edited:
Can somebody just please make a one stop shop for all the possible proper methods?
this is getting ridiculous, so many people contradict each other, some say add kexts to EFI, others say to /L/E
How exactly am I supposed to know which kext goes where? its not specified anywhere.
other say enable SIP, some say disable SIP.
Some say use Lilu and NvidiaGraphicsFixup, other say just use AGDPfix
Some people also say something about disabling NVRAM, others say Enable it

Jesus Christ, This is very very very confusing,
This update is just hell.

I think it's frustrating because the majority of the times you encounter a singular problem, you need a research by yourself. I spent 2 days talking here until I found this particular solution, maybe yours is a bit different. Can you try what I said? Uninstall the Nvidia drivers in your recovery partition by using terminal (vulgo solution), or make a clean install.

When you're done, boot up and mount the efi partition, im using clover configurator, but you can mount with anything.

Put the 2 mentioned kexts in the /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other folder.

Install the correct NVIDIA web drivers, for the High Sierra Incremental Update, (WebDriver-378.10.10.10.15.117.pkg), it'll show an error during the installation problem, click continue, finish the installation and restart your Mac.

If you have SIP enable, it is a google time to disable it too, you can do it going into the recovery partition, using Utilities > Terminal and type: csrutil disable

Good luck, give it a shot.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-10-15 at 12.50.08.png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-15 at 12.50.08.png
    233.7 KB · Views: 85
  • Screen Shot 2017-10-15 at 12.50.29.png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-15 at 12.50.29.png
    302.1 KB · Views: 89
I have never found a reason to use LiluFriend.kext.
Maybe, vit9696 states those kexts should be injected by the bootloader to load as early as possible.

I think it's frustrating because the majority of the times you encounter a singular problem, you need a research by yourself. I spent 2 days talking here until I found this particular solution, maybe yours is a bit different. Can you try what I said? Uninstall the Nvidia drivers in your recovery partition by using terminal (vulgo solution), or make a clean install.

When you're done, boot up and mount the efi partition, im using clover configurator, but you can mount with anything.

Put the 2 mentioned kexts in the /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other folder.

Install the correct NVIDIA web drivers, for the High Sierra Incremental Update, (WebDriver-378.10.10.10.15.117.pkg), it'll show an error during the installation problem, click continue, finish the installation and restart your Mac.

If you have SIP enable, it is a google time to disable it too, you can do it going into the recovery partition, using Utilities > Terminal and type: csrutil disable

Good luck, give it a shot.

I just tried the AGDPfix method with SIP on when installing the WebDriver.. while not getting the error it was a complete fail...
ill try your way now.

Can you tell me if after I come back from recovery I need to restore factory Geforce kexts to S/L/E
and remove the Nvidia reference pane? (how to remove it)

I just tried the AGDPfix method with SIP on when installing the WebDriver.. while not getting the error it was a complete fail...
ill try your way now.

Can you tell me if after I come back from recovery I need to restore factory Geforce kexts to S/L/E
and remove the Nvidia reference pane? (how to remove it)

Disable SIP because it may prevent you from booting up. Boot in recovery, go to utilities>terminal and type csrutil disable
While you are in terminal, remove the Nvidia drivers there with vulgo solution mentioned in my previous post and just reboot.
You don't need to worry about restoring anything, system will boot. In my experience, I did not NEEDED to remove the Nvidia preference pane, because it is just cosmetic, if you go the geforce pane you will see that it says: No drivers installed, and you can update from there even, don't worry with that.

As soon as you get to your desktop, try the lilu+nvidiagraphicsfixup method detailed previously. Good luck. I'll attach some pictures of the process, let me go to recovery first and ill update the post.

Disable SIP because it may prevent you from booting up. Boot in recovery, go to utilities>terminal and type csrutil disable
While you are in terminal, remove the Nvidia drivers there with vulgo solution mentioned in my previous post and just reboot.
You don't need to worry about restoring anything, system will boot. In my experience, I did not NEEDED to remove the Nvidia preference pane, because it is just cosmetic, if you go the geforce pane you will see that it says: No drivers installed, and you can update from there even, don't worry with that.

As soon as you get to your desktop, try the lilu+nvidiagraphicsfixup method detailed previously. Good luck. I'll attach some pictures of the process, let me go to recovery first and ill update the post.

You forgot to mention what to do about boot flags?
Do I add any? nv_enable=1 or NvidiaWeb=true in Clover Configurator?
or leave every thing disabled. and just use the kexts with out any boot flags and options

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back