Contribute
Register

macOS High Sierra 10.13 Supplemental Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be smart to precise to uninstall Nvidia driver in the original post... I'm stuck now trying to fix that issue... I can't boot anymore.
I have exactly the same problem as Karea12

EDIT: I finally fixed everything by booting in recovery mode from a USB key with last Clover installed; removed the nvidia driver in command line then restarted; uninstalled properly and reinstalled it.

Last edited:
took me three days to figure out the cause of infinite reboot, should have uninstalled the graphic driver before update.

now I had to boot from a USB drive with nv disabled and delete old driver from terminal, terrible experience.

took me three days to figure out the cause of infinite reboot, should have uninstalled the graphic driver before update.

now I had to boot from a USB drive with nv disabled and delete old driver from terminal, terrible experience.

Could you tell me what my issue is then?
I installed a completely clean version from a USB, didn't update from the App Store.
And every thing went exactly like BillG66 said above, the only difference is that
I did format to APFS, and I have just 1 SSD in my system.

Im installing the WebDrivers from a completely clean 10.13 (17A405) mind you.
First thing that happens is that I get an error message saying the drivers were installed improperly, (not like I control the process of how I install them), then if I restart I enter the happy loop de loop infinite boot land.

Any suggestions? I've searched the whole damn forum and NOBODY has exactly this problem.

I installed a completely clean version from a USB, didn't update from the App Store.
And every thing went exactly like BillG66 said above, the only difference is that

First thing that happens is that I get an error message saying the drivers were installed improperly, (not like I control the process of how I install them), then if I restart I enter the happy loop de loop infinite boot land.

Any suggestions? I've searched the whole damn forum and NOBODY has exactly this problem.
When you install the driver, before to restart you need to install the AGDP fix
See here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...h-sierra-update-10062017/page-14#entry2501488

Hey friend, I had this problem! I did the following and my infinite reboot was gone.

I installed LILU.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext both to my clover EFI partition in the /kext/other folder. After this I've installed my web drivers and my system booted fine.

I was having the exact same problem, I've managed to uninstall the web drivers every time and every web driver installation was a reboot until those kexts were installed. I don't know if you can install the in /system/extensions, installing on the clover EFI did the job. Maybe this can help you, good luck.

-- fun fact --

system boots faster than before with those fixes. xP

Hey friend, I had this problem! I did the following and my infinite reboot was gone.

I installed LILU.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext both to my clover EFI partition in the /kext/other folder. After this I've installed my web drivers and my system booted fine.

I was having the exact same problem, I've managed to uninstall the web drivers every time and every web driver installation was a reboot until those kexts were installed. I don't know if you can install the in /system/extensions, installing on the clover EFI did the job. Maybe this can help you, good luck.

-- fun fact --

system boots faster than before with those fixes. xP

Can you explain to me please whats the difference between installing kexts in the EFI or in /L/E ?
this is so freaking confusing to me right now... how exactly do kexts from the EFI load?
I only have FakeSMC there.

Do I need to do some thing specific in clover configurator for them to load?
nobody explains these simple things, and a noob like me has it real hard

And this completely contradicts what karea12 said I should do.
I would go by Rehabman (link given above) as he knows his stuff :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back