Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi, I have a problem: I'm trying to create a hackintosh with macOS Catalina. I followed the Opencore guide but you're out of the question: when the USB starts, macOS installation appears and when I select it, the Apple logo appears but then the PC restarts. can you help me ?

Hi, I have a problem: I'm trying to create a hackintosh with macOS Catalina. I followed the Opencore guide but you're out of the question: when the USB starts, macOS installation appears and when I select it, the Apple logo appears but then the PC restarts. can you help me ?

Hi there.

Three things:

Please complete your hardware profile so we know which i5 CPU you are using.

Have you tried booting in verbose mode? If so post a photo of the screen where it stops.

ZIP your EFI folder (after first blanking the serial-number) and attach it to a post.

:)

I'm using an Intelcore i5 Skylake as a CPU

YES, I tried in detailed mode but nothing appears just the apple logo

I leave you my EFI

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 20
Excuse me: intel core i5 6400

Excuse me: intel core i5 6400

Hi there.

Usually when the Apple logo just freezes, that is the point where the bootstrap gives control over to the OS and the graphics card.

A couple of things ...

1) The correct device-id for your HD530 iGPU is 0x1912. However, now you've updated your Profile we see you have an RX570 in there. Check your BIOS GPU settings are either "Auto" or "PCIe"

2) The boot-argument "alacido=1" is a new one on me. I think you might mean "alcid=1" ? That is what you have in Device Properties anyway.

3) With the XhciPortLimit quirk enabled, as you have, we would normally expect to see the USBInjectAll.kext being loaded too. Not always, but most times.

:)

Back