Contribute
Register

macOS 14.1.2 Update

Why do most of your About This Mac windows look... so differently?

Why do most of your About This Mac windows look... so differently?
If you mean "as opposed to yours", that's because while you're using the built-in "About" in System Settings, the ones like mine on the previous page are using an app called About This Hack, which can be found on GitHub (it has an added bonus of being able to hide or unhide the serial number by clicking on it). The one above your post is another app that I'm unfortunately drawing a blank on.

If you mean "as opposed to yours", that's because while you're using the built-in "About" in System Settings, the ones like mine on the previous page are using an app called About This Hack, which can be found on GitHub (it has an added bonus of being able to hide or unhide the serial number by clicking on it). The one above your post is another app that I'm unfortunately drawing a blank on.

Hi there.

"Drawing a blank on" as in it doesn't work for you? Or as in you aren't sure what app it is?

It's an app called Sensei - https://sensei.app/ - if that helps?

:)

If you mean "as opposed to yours", that's because while you're using the built-in "About" in System Settings
How are you liking your new M2 Pro mini ?

Update button was shown as I had enabled revpatch=sbvmm. Click on the button, but the update failed. "Failed to prepare the software update. Please try again". Click the button one more time. It went through and completed well.

412 error.png
412.png

Hi there.

"Drawing a blank on" as in it doesn't work for you? Or as in you aren't sure what app it is?

It's an app called Sensei - https://sensei.app/ - if that helps?

:)
I was drawing a blank on what the app was so thanks for jogging my mind.

How are you liking your new M2 Pro mini ?
It is soooo much faster than my now-retired Kaby Lake-based Hack/Win11 system. I was also planning on using it as a VM-based CAD system running Solidworks remotely for work when I was unfortunately caught up in a corporate lay-off. Oh, well. Maybe I'll find something after the start of the New Year.

Updated from 14.1.1.
OC 096

2 strange issue:
1. I had to disconnect all usb devkce to complete update process
2. When update finished I've glitch, black screen (few millisec) and other graphocs issue...

Rebooted... problem persist!

EDIT

Removing revpatch=sbvmm seems solved the problem!

But: Why? revpatch=sbvmm shoud only allow OTA updates... so.. why?

anyway: now it works correctly!

Screenshot 2023-12-02 alle 08.24.57.jpg

Last edited:
Another successful update to macOS Sonoma, using boot-arg 'revpatch=cpuname,pci,sbvmm' and disabling BlueToolFixup.kext got me the 400 odd MB incremental update.
Screenshot 2023-12-02 at 3.33.19 AM.png

No problem for me installing this update
5700G_sonoma.png

@nei-k why only 2GB for your AMD Radeon Graphics?. You have 32GB RAM installed, you should have 16GB VRAM available in BIOS.

Back