Contribute
Register

macOS 11.0 Big Sur is Now Available on the Mac App Store

problems with safari in clover
In this final release all the Safari reported bugs has been fixed according to Apple. I suggest you run 'First Aid' on all BS volumes in Disk Utility, reboot and clean NVRAM and see if the problem is resolved. Good luck.

After be able to boot on catalina with Clover r5126, I tried to boot from the Big Sur update partition, and I get to loading bar with Apple logo, but it reboot itselfs at the begining of the loading bar. I have last Lilu, Wev & VirtualSMC and Sys definition iMac Pro 1,1 on a i7 3770.

I tried to see where it fails with verbose mode, but after load gpu drivers on boot, it comes back to loading bar instead verbose, so I can't see the error.

Upgrade from Catalina went smooth. Opencore 0.6.3 on Skylake.

bigsurOC0.6.3.jpg

Smooth 29 minute upgrade from Catalina/OC .63 on my test system this morning after Apple resolved most of its issues (e.g. some app upgrades to Catalina failed this morning as they only apply to Big Sur.) Being cautious/prudent, I'll wait until next supplemental before making it a production system.

BS-Done.png

upgrade from catalina / without any problems / opencore 6.3

Finally got it to download on my MacBook Pro this morning, but the installation took almost an hour.

As with most macOS updates, I'm going to wait until the .2 or .3 release before updating my Hackintosh, which will give me time to research switching from Clover to OpenCore.
MBP Big Sur.png

Managed to download it this morning. Installation went perfectly.
Using OC 0.6.3

Updated from Catalina this morning. No real problem except the known clover 5126 issue (disable iomapper quirk)...

Capture d’écran 2020-11-13 à 08.34.06.png

Back