my internet is fast...
Screen Shot 2020-11-13 at 2.37.30 PM.png

Update successful with OC 0.6.3.

Attachments

• big_sur.png
    big_sur.png
    76.6 KB · Views: 64
@astrobruin basically, yeah.
I'd suggest moving over to OpenCore imo - the newer clovers is a mix of OpenCore and Clover, and still has issues with kext order for some laptops. They're pretty behind on some of OpenCore's changes as well, which can help with getting Big Sur up and running.

Also - managed to update from RC2 before everything died

View attachment 495414
OpenCore 0.6.3
Lenovo X1 Extreme Gen 1

Thank you for the reply - I very much appreciate it. Wanted to run it by more eyes, to try and make sure I wasn't missing anything obvious and/or important. (And hopefully to help anyone else who is in a similar situation).

I will take your advice and look into OpenCore. That might be a good 'two birds/one stone' move (move to OpenCore while also updating my serial number and SmUUID, etc.).

Although a lot of progress has been achieved with Clover, personally if you want smooth operation and future trouble free OS X updates, get to know OC and make the transition to it. You will be pleasantly surprise and wonder why you didn't make the switch earlier.

Don't get me wrong, Clover when configured correctly is still a viable option, but in my opinion it has to use quite a bit of Opencore files to be able to run BS and as someone quite deftly describe the process having to use bits of Opencore to get Clover to work, 'Its like fitting the Gas Pipe to the Water Outlet'.

Since switching to OC I have zero problems with updates or clean installs and use a single EFI Folder booting Win10, Mojave, Catalina and Big Sur.
Thank you! It seems like OC is a growing consensus. Increased reliability would be very welcome.

Although I currently have everything running smooth (and am hesitant to fix something that works), it sounds like I'd have to make a bunch of tweaks to Clover anyway, to get it ready for Big Sur. (And I've had a lot of problems with Clover in the past. Even tiny, seemingly harmless changes have wrecked havoc)

So now is probably the time to make the leap.

Cheers!

My update went fine with no problems, so far everything seems to be working fine. The update on the Hackintosh was actually faster then on my Mac Mini 2018 :)

I was from RC2 (20B28) but keep 12,18GB to update (20B29)??

View attachment 495500
If you're updating from RC2 (20B28) the file size will be 2.21gb. A clean install BS ver 20B29) will be approximately 12gb so the choice is yours which route you want to take.

Successful update with clover 5126, last kext and 30 minutes and 3 reboots no problem found
Also trying to install with clover 5126 but when I select the data disk to launch the installation on boot screen the system reboots. Could you share a screenshot of clover configurator's quirks section? thanks

You sounded like you simply dived head first and try to install r5126. I don't think you're ready.
I thought the big sur update was going to be like the other ones in the past ... but this requires Clover r5126 .. Which I tried to install before big sur OS ... But I think this is going to be more complicated !!! ... And more to Us ... The Hackintoshers with less experience on hacking !!! ... Do you think is it worth the change to try Opencore or I will have the same issues like clover ??? ... THKSM for your answer ...

Back