- Nov 18, 2009
- PRIME Z490-A
- i5 10600K
- Vega 56
- Classic Mac
- Mobile Phone
- macOS Build 20B29 (Released 11/12/2020), macOS Build 20B50 (Released 11/19/2020)
- Release version is macOS Big Sur 11.0.1
- First macOS version for both Intel and Apple Silicon Macs
- Make sure the software you use has been updated for macOS Big Sur compatibility before updating.
- Updated bootloader required for installation. Update to OpenCore 0.6.3 or higher or Clover Release v5.1 r5126or higher.
- Note: Clover requires proper Quirks config.plist additions. See here for details.
- Updated drivers:
- Note: macOS Big Sur Does NOT Boot with iMac14,2 System Definition
Please post your question(s) as a standalone thread in the Big Sur Desktop Support forum section. Violators will have their post removed.
Update Directly to macOS Big Sur
How to Create a macOS Big Sur Public Beta Installation USB
How to Prepare for Big Sur
macOS Big Sur Does NOT Boot with iMac14,2 System Definition
tonymacx86 Clover Theme (Updated for Big Sur)
Introducing the macOS Big Sur Critter!
Big Sur Desktop Support
Big Sur Desktop Guides
Big Sur Laptop Support
Big Sur Laptop Guides
Apple Announces "3rd Transition" for macOS: From Intel CPUs to Apple Silicon
macOS Big Sur Public Beta is Now Available
Apple Previews macOS 11.0 Big Sur - Available Fall 2020