Contribute
Register

macOS 10.15.7 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why if I write 10.15.7 in the search field of the forum no results appear and instead there is this thread?

Greetings to all.
Soon I will update too ...:wave:

What a weekend! Have converted my 2 Hackintoshes to Opencore from Clover. They were both set up as iMac14,2 - so in the process of conversion I've generated new serial numbers and have changed them to iMac16,1 and iMac17,1 respectively so that I can upgrade them further to Big Sur when it comes. Opencore didn't agree with my Windows 7 install on a separate SSD (it reliably gave BSD) so I've put rEFInd in front of Opencore to fix it. Finally, after all was working upgraded to 10.15.7 which on Opencore didn't require any intervention. So far thing look to work fine, I've tested FaceTime with the newly generated serials - all fine. Boot time one one machine visibly faster (although it was very fast already with Clover), on the second slower machine (which acts as TV PC and router) comparable. No other issues encountered.

Last edited:
Updated without touching kext or clover.
A couple of things I noticed: after the boot from “install macOS ...” system installed normally but now I have a Data partition in clover. I can boot choosing it, but i got an error “cannot install”. If I boot from my usual partition, I find 10.15.7 ...
the other strange behaviour was at first boot. System started normally, and I was able to login. system connected to Wi-Fi, but was very slow and internet was not working.
after a couple of minutes everything was working perfectly, and following boots didn’t have the same problem

Last edited:
Anther quick and easy update on my two daily driver Hacks.

Still running Clover 5107 as both systems have been super stable with it.
3rd party Kexts where already updated to the Lilu 1.4.7 point release (7th Sept 2020).

The update took around 25 mins on both systems with just two reboots this time.

HP Spectre X360 laptop
MonkeyBook-10-15-7.png

Haswell i7 4790K / AMD Vega 64 Desktop System.
MonkeyMacPro-10-15-7.png

Cheers
Jay

UPDATE

Both my rigs are now having audio issues, regardless of the source audio crackles, and cuts off for a fraction of a second, every time I hit the mouse button, or do something actually.

Worked fine for me as well - just had to boot from the 'Catalina Data' file that was added to Clover (last item).

No Kext Mods, didn't even update Clover....

Screen Shot 2020-09-27 at 9.22.03 PM.png

Last edited:
H61 | 2500K | HD 7850 build
截圖 2020-09-28 13.29.49a.png

25-minute update with 3 reboots.

Update went smooth, lilu/weg/clover/alc latest, random freezes @ random times

No issues , AppleALC 892 works fine after replace Lilu and AppleALC kext Library/Extensions

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-09-28 at 08.39.54.png
    Screenshot 2020-09-28 at 08.39.54.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 85
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back