CPU
i5-9600K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
There is a new Catalina release 19H4 available, anybody know what it fixes ? Little seems to be known about this particular Catalina iteration.

Regards Henties
The build should be exclusive for the 2017 21.5-inch iMac.

Motherboard
GigaByte Z270M-D3H
CPU
i7-7700
Graphics
GT 740
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. Performa
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Some issues with clover update to 5126 but system update goes fine in about 20 minutes. Screen Shot 2020-11-06 at 10.42.19.jpg

Motherboard
Z77X-UD5H-F14
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
GT 640
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
had to boot from the preboot partition, update took 7 minutes
everything looks fine

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170X-UD5
CPU
i7-6700
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
This is proving to be quite a painful update for me. Appreciate any steer. My machine is currently running Catalina 10.15.5. I've updates Kexts and am using Clover 5122. And I've also tried to use Clover 5119. (My machine is using the 14,2 profile) Same result in both cases — which is to fail to apply the update

The first method I tried was to go to the System Preferences --> Software Update. "An update is available".. Then it's downloaded and I hit Update Now. The machine reboots. There isn't an Install partition. I try booting both from the OS partition and (by holding down F3) the Preboot. Then it takes me back to where I was. Not updated. Have tried this method about 10 times.

The Second method I tried was to use the link to download the DMG for this update (from https://support.apple.com/kb/DL2051?locale=en_GB ) and applying it directly. If I do that an error window pops up blocking the install saying “macOX Catalina 10.15.7 Update can’t be installed on this disk. The volume does not meet the requirements for this update." (it displays the disks with little yellow warning triangles against each one).

Am a bit lost now to be honest. Much appreciate any thoughts.

Thank you.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170X-UD5
CPU
i7-6700
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
This is proving to be quite a painful update for me. Appreciate any steer. My machine is currently running Catalina 10.15.5. I've updates Kexts and am using Clover 5122. And I've also tried to use Clover 5119. (My machine is using the 14,2 profile) Same result in both cases — which is to fail to apply the update

The first method I tried was to go to the System Preferences --> Software Update. "An update is available".. Then it's downloaded and I hit Update Now. The machine reboots. There isn't an Install partition. I try booting both from the OS partition and (by holding down F3) the Preboot. Then it takes me back to where I was. Not updated. Have tried this method about 10 times.

The Second method I tried was to use the link to download the DMG for this update (from https://support.apple.com/kb/DL2051?locale=en_GB ) and applying it directly. If I do that an error window pops up blocking the install saying “macOX Catalina 10.15.7 Update can’t be installed on this disk. The volume does not meet the requirements for this update." (it displays the disks with little yellow warning triangles against each one).

Am a bit lost now to be honest. Much appreciate any thoughts.

Thank you.
Subsequent to this I tried downloading and applying the 10.15.6 update first (google find the link on the Apple website.. download DMG). This doesn’t work either: one gets the same error as above.
For clarity I’ve moved all my Kexts into the /other folder.. so it’s not that. I’ve checked the library folder for recognized texts and it appears clean. Am stuck...