Contribute
Register

macOS 10.15.1 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Make sure everything is the latest version. No big problem but find that old Airport card is not working under Catalina.

Screen Shot 2019-11-02 at 10.00.21 PM.png

I updated WEG to 1.3.4 and updated without any problems. Too bad 95% of software/games don't work with Catalina now... back to Windows to do real work. lol

Updated Lilu, AppleALC and Whatever Green, and all went quite smoothly.

Did the updates (Lilu, WhateverGreen and AppleALC), had no issues at all. Even nicer: I tended to have hard locks (sound hanging and going to grey screen, needing a hard reset to get it back running) when watching youtube on Safari, less frequently so on Chrome. These hard locks seem to have gone now: watched more than a few clips since, and the full Formula 1 race just now, without any glitches or problems whatsoever.

This is not the case for me.
My RX 570 no longer needs WEG.
Booted with -disablegfxfirmware and Inject ATI with renames change GFX0 to IGPU and change PEGP to GFX0.

I did exact these steps, but it still shows the black screen.

Last edited:
I got reboot in installation progress around 10 minutes left and there's no msg or errors to track. (Downloaded latest kexts before update)

To anyone who had success, I like to have your EFI folder. Thank you.

I was on 10.15, held off to update to 10.15.1 due to prior issues getting 10.15 Catalina features to work 100%. I did update this morning and everything ran smoothly, took about 15 minutes a and a few reboots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back