Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> [macOS 10.15.0] Thinkpad X1 Extreme Hackintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Literally download the newest version and upgrade to Catalina (Also make a USB recovery drive in case anything goes wrong and you cannot boot) from Github.
yeah, i've tried that with latest one but it keep getting froze ontothe progress bar with apple symbol thats why i was seeking help from some expert hackintosher

yeah, i've tried that with latest one but it keep getting froze ontothe progress bar with apple symbol thats why i was seeking help from some expert hackintosher
I am not an expert at all. Try removing DSDT and everything not necessary and try boot with that. If that gets you in that means you need to patch your own DSDT. I can’t help with DSDT patching (I used zysuper’s DSDT and it works on my machine so yeah) but there should be plenty of tutorials on the web.

I am also having this issue with catalina, I am going to try to see if Mojave does the same and will report back.

I am also having this issue with catalina, I am going to try to see if Mojave does the same and will report back.
Try getting rid of DSDT first and see if that works

Try getting rid of DSDT first and see if that works
Thanks for the response, and for keeping this thread going!

Sorry, this might be an obvious question, but am I just to delete the DSDT.aml in ACPI/orgin? I havent patched anything yet.

I am just following the Rehabman Guide, and DSDT isn't even mention until after a successful install, so I haven't fully dug into the DSDT patching yet.

Thanks for the response, and for keeping this thread going!

Sorry, this might be an obvious question, but am I just to delete the DSDT.aml in ACPI/orgin? I havent patched anything yet.

I am just following the Rehabman Guide, and DSDT isn't even mention until after a successful install, so I haven't fully dug into the DSDT patching yet.
Yes, delete DSDT.aml (maybe give it a try and get rid of the SSDTs if removing DSDT doesn’t work idk). There is a separate DSDT patching guide somewhere on this site. You can easily find it if you dig for five minutes.

Hello,

i´m totally new to the community and have a few questions regarding using a Lenovo X1 Extreme Gen 2.

So i used MacBook Pro´s for the last 10+ years and just ordered a X1 Extreme Gen 2 a couple of weeks ago because
my current MBP is getting slow and i am not interested to spend 4k+ € on a TouchBar MBP.

The X1 didn´t arrive yet and so i am thinking how to efficently switch to Win 10.
But yesterday i met a friend how is using Hackintosh´s since quite a while and he told me that there might be a way to
install Mac OS on the Thinkpad.

I ordered the Thinkpad without knowing about this option and now i am curious if the thinkpad i ordered could work with Mac OS. I attached the order list so maybe someone in this forum could help me.

It´s also not too late to cancel the order and make a new one to have the right configuration for the thinkpad.

Due to the bad connectivity (all TB3 ports) and the high pricing i do not want to switch to a new MBP again.
Thank you alot for the help in advance!!!!

Best,

Michael

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2019-11-13 um 10.48.36.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2019-11-13 um 10.48.36.png
    302.5 KB · Views: 176
@Errrneist and are there any risks to damage the X1E (like i am really new to Windows Laptop´s, especially Hackintosh´in them)?

Hi All, @Errrneist

I'm a newbie working on my first Hackintosh. I'm using a Thinkpad X1 Yoga 2nd gen. I7-7600U, 8GB RAM, Intel 620 GPU. I followed this guide and almost everything works (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-thinkpad-x1-yoga-3rd-gen-20ld-with-mojave.261823/) execpt USB C and Thunderbolt ports.

After some tinkering I managed to thunderbolt working using by patching the SSDT-TB3 from here (https://github.com/Errrneist/Hackin...e/tree/master/10.15.1/3.5/CLOVER/ACPI/patched) to point to RP09 instead of RP21. The SSDT-TB3 is the same as the one in the first message.

However, despite all the above, still no hotplug on my x1yoga 2nd. When I boot I can see the USB-C and TB3 devices, but as soon as I disconnect the USB-C it never gets reconnected and the TB3 device causes a restart. If someone can help this will be great.

I'm attaching the IOReg and Clover folders with a USB-C drive and thunderbolt dock connected.

Thanks,
Daniel

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    17.7 MB · Views: 83
  • REG.ioreg
    17.5 MB · Views: 93
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back