Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13 Hackintosh on HP OMEN ce003na

Status
Not open for further replies.
you keep it in both places, which is fine

while it is not in /L/E then the kexts you already have in there won't take any effect

I believe they do take effect as, for example, the WiFi kexts are in there and taking effect, but I shall follow your advice anyways.

I believe they do take effect as, for example, the WiFi kexts are in there and taking effect, but I shall follow your advice anyways.

Yeah, unsurprisingly that didn't work!

If the kext is in L/E and /Extra it will load from L/E and bypass the copy in /Extra, if only in /Extra it will load from there only of course. There are advantages to having them in L/E if you read the guides by rehabman he explains. Having it in /Extra allows it to function for system updates/recovery. All essential kexts that allow basic functions should be in both locations, anything additional to that and is not important for the system to boot should be only in L/E.

Last edited:
If the kext is in L/E and /Extra it will load from L/E and bypass the copy in /Extra, if only in /Extra it will load from there only of course. There are advantages to having them in L/E if you read the guides by rehabman he explains. Having it in /Extra allows it to function for system updates/recovery. All essential kexts that allow basic functions should be in both locations, anything additional to that and is not important for the system to boot should be only in L/E.

Ah that makes sense. Unfortunately it hasn't fixed the battery issues etc. that I mentioned in #206.

Ah that makes sense. Unfortunately it hasn't fixed the battery issues etc. that I mentioned in #206.
Yes it wouldn't its just good practice :p and least you/anyone cant blame something on that issue in future.

Yes it wouldn't its just good practice :p and least you cant blame something on that issue in future.

Seeing as you're also on an OMEN laptop, did you ever fix any of the issues in #206?

you could try the patch Ive tried, I use HP-G6-2221ss plus from the HP-DV6-3165sf this bit which enables charging and draining estimation.

Code:
# rewrite buggy UPBS method, provided by chihab222, credit gsly
into method label UPBS remove_entry;
into device label BAT0 insert
begin
Method (UPBS, 0, NotSerialized)\n
{\n
    Store (^^PCI0.LPCB.EC0.MBST, Index (PBST, Zero))\n
    ^^PCI0.LPCB.EC0.SMRD (0x09, 0x16, 0x0A, RefOf (Local0))\n
    Store (Local0, Index (PBST, One))\n
    ^^PCI0.LPCB.EC0.SMRD (0x09, 0x16, 0x0F, RefOf (Local1))\n
    Store (Local1, Index (PBST, 0x02))\n
    ^^PCI0.LPCB.EC0.SMRD (0x09, 0x16, 0x09, RefOf (Local2))\n
    Store (Local2, Index (PBST, 0x03))\n
}\n
end;

I still get not charging when I remove and replug power and an ec reset fixes it until I unplug replug again.

You can checkout my CLOVER folder if you wish.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    9.2 MB · Views: 60
you could try the patch Ive tried, I use HP-G6-2221ss plus from the HP-DV6-3165sf this bit which enables charging and draining estimation.

Code:
# rewrite buggy UPBS method, provided by chihab222, credit gsly
into method label UPBS remove_entry;
into device label BAT0 insert
begin
Method (UPBS, 0, NotSerialized)\n
{\n
    Store (^^PCI0.LPCB.EC0.MBST, Index (PBST, Zero))\n
    ^^PCI0.LPCB.EC0.SMRD (0x09, 0x16, 0x0A, RefOf (Local0))\n
    Store (Local0, Index (PBST, One))\n
    ^^PCI0.LPCB.EC0.SMRD (0x09, 0x16, 0x0F, RefOf (Local1))\n
    Store (Local1, Index (PBST, 0x02))\n
    ^^PCI0.LPCB.EC0.SMRD (0x09, 0x16, 0x09, RefOf (Local2))\n
    Store (Local2, Index (PBST, 0x03))\n
}\n
end;

I still get not charging when I remove and replug power and an ec reset fixes it until I unplug replug again.

Right, I'll check it out and see what if it does anything.

You can checkout my CLOVER folder if you wish.

Thanks I'll see if there's anything useful in there if the patch doesn't work.

I use HP-G6-2221ss plus from the HP-DV6-3165sf

This doesn't compile in MaciASL - 130+ errors.. no thanks :lol:.

# rewrite buggy UPBS method, provided by chihab222, credit gsly into method label UPBS remove_entry; into device label BAT0 insert begin Method (UPBS, 0, NotSerialized)\n {\n Store (^^PCI0.LPCB.EC0.MBST, Index (PBST, Zero))\n ^^PCI0.LPCB.EC0.SMRD (0x09, 0x16, 0x0A, RefOf (Local0))\n Store (Local0, Index (PBST, One))\n ^^PCI0.LPCB.EC0.SMRD (0x09, 0x16, 0x0F, RefOf (Local1))\n Store (Local1, Index (PBST, 0x02))\n ^^PCI0.LPCB.EC0.SMRD (0x09, 0x16, 0x09, RefOf (Local2))\n Store (Local2, Index (PBST, 0x03))\n }\n end;

Trying this right now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back