Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.6 Update

With the Clover bootloader, after downloading and restarting with the 10.13.6 update, you may see three options for the disk you want to update:
  • "Boot OSX install from..." Do not use.
  • "Boot macOS from..." Do not use. This is the standard boot into your disk.
  • "Boot macOS install from..." Use this option until it disappears after a restart; then boot into your disk normally to finish the update process.

hi, saw your message to late. :( finished the install by using my USB stick to boot.
after that clover boot manager always chooses "Boot macOS install from OSX" instead of "Boot macOS from OSX"
tried changing the config.plist and writing defaultVolume is OSX but still no luck. always boots automatically from the macOS install option.
any help?
IMG_2532.JPG
IMG_2533.JPG

so if I manually change I can boot fine into my osx. but if I leave it automatically I just have the apple logo and nothing happens.
PS. no idea why the pics are upside down?!? :(

For the New USB Raise Port Limit Patch for High Sierra: I edited the Clover config plist with BBEdit as normal, but when I tried to open the plist in the latest Clover Configurator it put up a character error on line 182, and from posts here that's likely the "&." Though properly formatted in BBEdit, the formatting shown in CC was also off. Never saw that before.

If you used the PM Heart 10.13.4+ port limit patch, you can take a copy of your plist, open it in CC, go to Text Mode, and simply edit three lines; the comment to make it 10.13.6+ and the two find-and-replace changes themselves. Or enter this directly into CC's Kernel and Kext Patches section as samanosuke showed it in post #172:

Successful update on my old system.
-Update clover to r4586 (dont forget new memfix and APFS driver loader).
-Download 10.3.6 update from app store
-reboot(couple of times) and waiting
-Done

Screen Shot 2018-07-12 at 07.14.58 copy.png

hi, saw your message to late. :( finished the install by using my USB stick to boot.
after that clover boot manager always chooses "Boot macOS install from OSX" instead of "Boot macOS from OSX"
tried changing the config.plist and writing defaultVolume is OSX but still no luck. always boots automatically from the macOS install option.
any help?
View attachment 340635
View attachment 340636

so if I manually change I can boot fine into my osx. but if I leave it automatically I just have the apple logo and nothing happens.
PS. no idea why the pics are upside down?!? :(
That's odd. If you have a backup of your drive from before the update, you could restore the previous version from the backup to the disk and start over. I had trouble with the latest Clover; since I had everything else up to date, I had an older version of Clover installed during my update.

Yep!
I got the RX560 with a pink screen after 10.13.6 update also.
I rolled back to 10.13.5 from a clone on my H270 and it's fine again.
Tried a bunch of stuff to fix it but still no joy as yet.
Even swapped the front end on another drive from another Z370 install (running on internal gpu) and booted it in the H270 with the RX560.
Same deal!
Shocking pink.......:(

It's a problem with the driver and DVI. If you can use a different cable.

Yep!
I got the RX560 with a pink screen after 10.13.6 update also.
I rolled back to 10.13.5 from a clone on my H270 and it's fine again.
Tried a bunch of stuff to fix it but still no joy as yet.
Even swapped the front end on another drive from another Z370 install (running on internal gpu) and booted it in the H270 with the RX560.
Same deal!
Shocking pink.......:(
Sad... Here's to hoping this isn't a problem with Mojave. Did you try the "change Board ID to 14,2"?

just updated through the appstore whitout problems. but i have some questions.

Is the usb port limit patch needed if i have made a custom ssdt ?

Does someone knows the answer this question? I too have a custom SSDT for my gigabyte itx z170n motherboard. There are just 8 total USB ports. So do I even need the kexttopatch at all in the first place? Thanks!

For me, using DP was the issue. Switched to HDMI and rainbow effect went away.
Thanks! That did the trick. Looking good again. Totally weird.

Does someone knows the answer this question? I too have a custom SSDT for my gigabyte itx z170n motherboard. There are just 8 total USB ports. So do I even need the kexttopatch at all in the first place? Thanks!
You do not need the KextToPatch if you have a custom SSDT for your USB ports. I have a custom SSDT for the USB ports and those ports work fine without any kextpatch after updating to 10.13.6.

You do not need the KextToPatch if you have a custom SSDT for your USB ports. I have a custom SSDT for the USB ports and those ports work fine without any kextpatch after updating to 10.13.6.
Thanks for the clarifying this to me!!

Back