Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.6 Update

HDMI has always looked a little weird on my RX560 but not like this and still usable. DVI always just looked a little sharper.
I've used DVI on that machine ever since and that has now gone shocking pink after the 10.13.6 update.

Yeah my 2nd monitor was using DVI to HDMI and went pink. I used straight HDMI and took care of the issue.

- Was on 10.13.4 today
- Updated Clover Configurator
- Updated Clover
- Rebooted -> tonymacx theme disappeared -> can no longer boot into the system
- Rebooted with `-v` flag -> hangs always at `End RandomSeed ++++++`
- Searched for the issue (some `*.efi` files were deleted)
- Extracted those from Clover onto a installer USB using Pacifist
- Files in /drivers64UEFI (I have no clue what they're for):
- ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi (NEW)
- AppleImageCodec-64.efi
- AppleKeyAggregator-64.efi
- AppleUITheme-64.efi
- AptioMemoryFix-64.efi (NEW)
- AptioMemoryFix.efi (NEW)
- DataHubDxe-64.efi
- FirmwareVolume-64.efi
- FSInject-64.efi
- PartitionDxe-64.efi (NEW)
- SMCHelper-64.efi
- VBoxHfs-64.efi​
- Booted into the installer and used the terminal to copy the missing files into EFI
- Booted into 10.13.4 again
- Updated APFS.efi first
- Rebooted
- Updated to 10.13.6
- Updated NVidia WebDrivers using a script
- Rebooted (video DP & HDMI works / audio still works)

--- NEW Issues ---
- Updated clover theme but it does not recognize (embedded theme is partly broken) (FIXED)
- EFI partition does not mount anymore (Clover Configurator is unable to mount)

This is the workaround `sudo diskutil mountDisk disk0s1` or the `EFI Mounter v3` app. Is the latest Clover and Clover Configurator somehow broken?

Last edited:
Yeah my 2nd monitor was using DVI to HDMI and went pink. I used straight HDMI and took care of the issue.
Interesting.
What SmBios are you using?

Clover Configurator would not allow me to save config.plist until I removed the ampersand.
Yes, I looked and it appears that using Text Wrangler automatically changed the ampersand to a dollar sign when it saved the config.plist. Doesn't like the ampersand, loves the dollar sign. Go figure

It should like this in your editor. & vs &FredWst without closing ;
e.g. PMHeart&FredWst
Code:
<key>KernelAndKextPatches</key>
<dict>
    <key>KextsToPatch</key>
    <array>
        <dict>
            <key>Comment</key>
            <string>USB 10.13.6+ by PMHeart &amp; FredWst</string>
            <key>Find</key>
            <data>g32IDw+DpwQAAA==</data>
            <key>MatchOS</key>
            <string>10.13.6</string>
            <key>Name</key>
            <string>com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI</string>
            <key>Replace</key>
            <data>g32ID5CQkJCQkA==</data>
        </dict>
    </array>
</dict>
I mentioned earlier, that Text Wrangler appeared to have made the change on the fly, replacing the ampersand with a dollar sign. Does this make sense?

Not tried that yet? Have you?
I did try both iMac18,3 and iMacPro1,1 with no change.
Even my old P55's running on NVIDIA 9800GT's are fine with update!
Go figure.....
No, Don't have time for this. My understanding is to get the board ID from the 14,2 copy it to the 18,3 in CCv.

This is the workaround `sudo diskutil mountDisk disk0s1` or the `EFI Mounter v3` app. Is the latest Clover and Clover Configurator somehow broken?
It appears to be mounting the efi for me.

I mentioned earlier, that Text Wrangler appeared to have made the change on the fly, replacing the ampersand with a dollar sign. Does this make sense?
XML is a data format. In XML the ampersand is used to encode characters that have special meaning e.g. < & > and are used for XML tags and & itself is used to declare the special characters. If it appears on its own it is an error and the document is invalid. So Textwrangler may be forcing a valid document by changing & to something else.

And by the way if the config.plist is invalid, Clover won't use it.

See 'Entity References', XML Syntax

Last edited:
XML is a data format. In XML the ampersand is used to encode characters that have special meaning e.g. < & > and are used for XML tags and & itself is used to declare the special characters. If it appears on its own it is an error and the document is invalid. So Textwrangler may be forcing a valid document by changing & to something else.

And by the way if the config.plist is invalid, Clover won't use it.

See 'Entity References', XML Syntax
That makes sense. Thanks for the explanation. Is it possible that the line <string>USB 10.13.6+ by PMHeart$FredWst</string>
could simply say <string>USB 10.13.6+</string>? Am I correct in "assuming" (the obvious luddite that I am) that this is simply an announcement as to what is to follow and to help us know that this is the updated kext to patch and not the previous patch?

Last edited:
Back