Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.6 Update

CAF4B360-DDCF-424F-A9F6-CE5F88BD2462.jpeg
Hey guys, just ran the auto update on my hack and now it won’t boot. Here is a picture of the screen with -v on. Can anyone help me please?

4A74EE33-5D07-4557-BBEF-0C3B9F3E7D9E.jpeg
Boot with nv_disable=1 then install the web drivers appropriate to your build number.
I used the boot flag like you said and got this message. Didn’t get to fully boot. Help?

Hi, I have a doubt about the Fake SMC plugin version.
Currently I have version 1787 on HS 10.13.6 and it seems to work all right, apart from some rare Kernel panic that I can not explain and that I reported HERE.
Would it be appropriate to update them to the 1800 version? Or use the new VirtualSMC?
I ask why I would not take risks...

Just today received a Sapphire Pulse RX 580 and replaced the GTX 1070 that I had in the machine. The 1070 was ok but was tired of the slower exports and having to wait for the new Nvidia webdrivers every time there is an update like this not to mention the extra issues of a major update like I'm sure there will be with the Mojave update. Took out the NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext and the Lilu.kext and did not install the WhateverGreen.kext. Uninstalled the Nvidia driver and shutdown and installed the new RX580 card and my Hackintosh booted up without a hitch.
Perfect timing on getting the update notice for macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 right after installing the RX 580. I get to see how an update goes with the new card. Installed from the App Store and it installed without a hitch. Did the BruceX test in FCPX and went from the GTX 1070 export time of 29 seconds to 18 seconds with the RX 580. I do a lot of 2 hour or more event videos and this is really going to add up.
I think I'm going to be more then happy with the new video card.

Hi. Can you help me to buy a chip AMD video card. I see many problems apple and Nvidia. I changed my mind to buy a new Nvidia. My motherboard support crossfires so I need one can use with Mojave. Thanks

the update give me problems. read my video card (gtx560 2gb sc) is to olds for new macOS. so I decide buying a new video card. for now im going to state on Sierra 10.12.6. thanks for the support.

the update give me problems. read my video card (gtx560 2gb sc) is to olds for new macOS. so I decide buying a new video card. for now im going to state on Sierra 10.12.6. thanks for the support.

I don't know if I can be of much help as I'm using a completely different type of motherboard and processor. I'm using the X99 board which takes quite a bit more to get working. But once it's up and running it's super stable. I get most of my help and support from this thread https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ojave-successful-build-extended-guide.255117/ KGP has really lead the way with the x99 and x299 setups.

Thought I read that the RX560 cards don't work that well, that you need to go at least an RX 570. I've actually just upgraded to an RX Vega 64 and loving it. Editing in FCPX now has absolutely no stutter when scrubbing through the timeline when working with the native H.264 video from my GH5.

Back