Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.6 Update

Hi,

Weird problem for me, never occurred before. After installing the combo update 10.13.6 the machine works as aspected. "about this Mac" mentions a machine running on 10.13.6. See also the screenshot from the AppStore Update window.

But: the Mac keeps asking for installing the 10.13.6 update although I did it already. Any ideas how this is possible?

Thanks!

What build number do you have? (click on the area of about this mac where it says 10.13.6. I believe the latest is 17G3025.

Security update 2018-002 and Nvidia drivers - there is this 387.10.10.10.40.108 from Nvidia website, installer says for MacOS build 17G3025 (which should be the 2018-002 sec. update, right?). Anybody tried it yet?

works like a charm - no issues whatsoever here!

This latest security update just broke my build lol. I get the [iGPU] Failed to initialize graphics firmware error. Tried to get in using both safe mode and -disablegfxfirmware. When I get to the login screen my USB ports don't work so I can't use my mouse and keyboard. Any ideas?

This latest security update just broke my build lol. I get the [iGPU] Failed to initialize graphics firmware error. Tried to get in using both safe mode and -disablegfxfirmware. When I get to the login screen my USB ports don't work so I can't use my mouse and keyboard. Any ideas?
Try connect keyboard and mouse to ps2 port to regain the access.
To connect devices you can use the "usb to ps2" adapter or try to find some old devices.

It had happened to me too; i've solve with an old keyboard.
An other workaround to solve this is issue is remove the Mbo battery and wait 20 sec.
Hope you've solve this!!!

My 13.6 Hack ran the latest security update on the weekend and failed. By default Clover (4630) wants to boot to the MacOS install on my system drive now, but it won't complete.
IMG_6513.jpg

So I'm still on 17G65.

I can boot to the Mac partition on my system drive still, but now it's saying no GPU detected in the CUDA preferences (switched to onboard graphics). Is it safe to go to CUDA 410.130? That's what the CUDA preferences in System Preferences wants to do.

I tried downloading 387.10.10.10.40.108 but it won't install because I'm not on 17G3025. I'm currently on 387.10.10.10.40.105.

Has anyone got any tips for me please? I'm a bit clueless here...

I have the same problem, installation of security update 2018-002 aborts at about 50%.
Clover 4630.

Where can I find the installation log as shown above?

Back