Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.6 Update

Think I borked something. Accidentally miss read the page saying that APFS driver wasn't needed so i removed, of course when i rebooted for the update Clover couldn't see my OSX drivers. So i pulled the drive, and installed the driver using my MacBook Air that was running 10.3.6 (file version was June). Now, when I boot to the update partition, it hangs at this screen

https://i.imgur.com/xEAbQ5f.jpg

Gigabyte - GA-Z87X-UD5H ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
nVidia 780

- EFI partition does not mount anymore (Clover Configurator is unable to mount)

This is the workaround `sudo diskutil mountDisk disk0s1` or the `EFI Mounter v3` app. Is the latest Clover and Clover Configurator somehow broken?
The only problem is now I can't mount EFI partition from Clover Configurator.
I have to use EFI Mounter v3 and then I can load the config.plist in Clover Configurator.
When I click on "Mount EFI" in Clover Configurator I don't see anything at first, nothing happens. If I click it a bunch of times I start to see in the Partition Scheme window the "Size" word changes to "Capacity In Use". But I'll see "Capacity In Use" pop up on all sorts of partitions, not just the partitions of the disk that has the EFI I'm trying to mount.
This is due to Apple new security with the diskutil mount command. You need sudo to run it.
I assume the Clover Configurator will be updated to reflect this new security change.

Completed the update today via MAS. It rebooted a couple of times during install, as is normal, but when clover (4586 - EFI with NVRAM) went from three disks to two to launch from the normal partition, the computer would go into a reboot loop. This happened on other system restarts outside of updates and I somehow manage to get it to boot to the desktop (seems poking through the menus without changing anything in Clover allows boot to complete).

Looking at this thread with the suggestions of updating the USBInjectAll.kext and the 10.13.6 port limit changes allowed my last reboot to go through in one shot. I also set Clover to launch in verbose mode while making those changes, so who knows if that also helped.

and again, not showing up in appstore here. Thank you for the notification :)

Updated via App Store, with Clover 4586. Audio_cloverHDMI-130_v0.8.command to enable hdmi. Nvidia driver and cuda updated. All ok

1.13.6 update.jpeg

Screen Shot 2018-07-14 at 6.59.56 PM.png

Guys, I found the solution for strange fonts.

OS X thinks my monitor is a TV, and is using the YCbCr colour space rather than RGB. It happened with my RX560.

Follow this instruction for RGB.

To disable SIP:
  1. Open config.plist in Clover Configurator
  2. Navigate RT Variables > CsrActivateConfig
  3. Change CsrActivateConfig to appropriate value
    1. Disable SIP: 0x67
    2. Enable SIP: 0x00
  4. Reboot Hackintosh to apply changes
Worked like Charm..thanks for the guide @b166ar

Back