Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.6 Update

Guys, I found the solution for strange fonts.

OS X thinks my monitor is a TV, and is using the YCbCr colour space rather than RGB. It happened with my RX560.

Follow this instruction for RGB.

To disable SIP:
  1. Open config.plist in Clover Configurator
  2. Navigate RT Variables > CsrActivateConfig
  3. Change CsrActivateConfig to appropriate value
    1. Disable SIP: 0x67
    2. Enable SIP: 0x00
  4. Reboot Hackintosh to apply changes

Guys, I found the solution for strange fonts.

OS X thinks my monitor is a TV, and is using the YCbCr colour space rather than RGB. It happened with my RX560.

Follow this instruction for RGB.

To disable SIP:
  1. Open config.plist in Clover Configurator
  2. Navigate RT Variables > CsrActivateConfig
  3. Change CsrActivateConfig to appropriate value
    1. Disable SIP: 0x67
    2. Enable SIP: 0x00
  4. Reboot Hackintosh to apply changes
Anyone apply this to the "Pink Screen" problem?

So, it seems I can't install 10.13.6 or Mojave beta (neither) using any Clover.
Not sure what the problem is, but after a short load, I get a series of ACPI errors and it all stops.

The machine: Asus Maximus X F, 8700K, 32GB (8x4), Vega Frontier Edition.

I tried to update my 10.13.5, which had working USB 3 using the change USB port limit patch and the PMHeart 10.13.6+ patch, and lost my USB 3. As recommended by Pastrychef I finally followed @ammulder's guide for creating a USB SSDT, which is very clear and detailed, and with that installed I updated to 10.13.6 without any issues and everything is fine. I now have no USB kexts or patches, apart from USBInjectAll.kext. I'm looking forward to similarly easy updates in future.

Computer booted 3 times during update install, plus one more reboot for the updated Nvidia web driver.
The only problem is now I can't mount EFI partition from Clover Configurator.
I have to use EFI Mounter v3 and then I can load the config.plist in Clover Configurator.
Running Clover 4586 and replaced the afps.efi file with the 10.13.6 version from the link in the post #1.
What could be happening?

Computer booted 3 times during update install, plus one more reboot for the updated Nvidia web driver.
The only problem is now I can't mount EFI partition from Clover Configurator.
I have to use EFI Mounter v3 and then I can load the config.plist in Clover Configurator.
Running Clover 4586 and replaced the afps.efi file with the 10.13.6 version from the link in the post #1.
What could be happening?
When you click on "Mount EFI" what do you see?

It's not missing, it's removed as it's now obsolete. All of the OsxAptioMemoryFix drivers are no longer needed as AptioMemoryFix-64.DRV is the current version.

EmuVariableUefi and RC scripts are also obsolete with AptioMemoryFix

Back