Gigabyte RX 5700 XT
Mac
MacBook, MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Anyone else got weird font issues?
Like render issues, it's hard to explain. Sometimes it looks like you write in Rainbow colors.
Yes! It sounds like we are having the same problem. I posted about this on the last page;

I am noticing odd display issues with my RX 580, there's something really off with the font rendering if I use displayport to my U2515H, but it's fine if I use HDMI. It looks like there's some sort of distortion to fonts, and it's very hard to describe.

I don't notice it in Mojave on the public beta (maybe because subpixel AA is gone?).

I have no other problems though, the update was smooth, I'm using Clover 4586.
What monitor/connector are you using?

Motherboard
Gigabyte H470i Pro AX
CPU
i7-10700
Graphics
Radeon RX5500XT
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro, Mac mini, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Confirmed. This seems to be a new security measure introduced in 10.13.6.

It does make sense though, because a normal user would otherwise be able to place a malicious payload on the EFI partition.
I guess this is Apple's approach to close that hole.

Clover Configurator is affected by the same problem, I guess the author will update it soon.
Clover has been updated new version v.5131

P1LGRIM

Motherboard
Lenovo ThinkStation p300 ⌘
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Classic Mac
Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Figured this out.
I am using MacPro name and there is a patch for TyMCED kext to avoid kernel panics.
Seems that this patch is not working anymore - TyMCED is a reason for KP in my rig
Boot with -nehalem_error_disable

Motherboard
Gigabyte H110M-S2H
CPU
i5-6500
Graphics
ASUS STRIX 1050Ti
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
I don't have the update in MAS neither via terminal (softwareupdate -l)
Software Update Tool
Finding available software
No new software available.

I'm on 10.13.5, smbios 17,1. Any ideas why is it like this?

Motherboard
GA-Z170X-Ultra Gaming
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
USB 3 is not working after update. Could someone tell me what the new patch is for clover configurators kext to patch please?``

Edit: got it working after applying the new patch from post #151! - USB 3.0 didn't work. Thanks to blueandhack for the solution Now they work.

Last edited:
Motherboard
GA-Z170X-Ultra Gaming
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Motherboard
GA-Z87X-UD5H Rev 1.0 16GB Kingston Hyper-X grey
CPU
Intel i7 4790k
Graphics
GTX970
All OK here.

I'm on a iMac 14,2 build, I generated the latest firmware version number and date and manually updated my config.plist in CC as a safeguard against getting a "firmware update required" error I noticed some have seen. I do not know if this was an essential step, I just did it to save myself any bother just in case. The firmware version I was using, was slightly out of date (2017).

I uninstalled my Nvidia Webdrivers before running a standard upgrade from App Store, then simply installed the newest after the upgrade completed. Time machine is now backing up and I'll CCC the drive later.

I am still on Clover 4533 and HFS. Everything is still working golden.

I could really use some advice on the newer versions of Clover and changes there and if I should be thinking about making alterations already for good practice in 10.13.6 and in prep for beta test on 10.14.

If someone could point me in the right direction on that, I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance as ever, for everything.

Amblin