Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did the Update, everything was smooth. Recorded this video to show the process:

After the failed automatic update on my MBPr, I started having real problems like the boot volume appearing to be corrupted, I couldn't mount any other drives, and I would download stuff through safari but the files would disappear after download. I eventually rebooted from an SSD backup of the internal drive and ran an over-install on the internal drive from a full blown 10.13.4 installer. All issues resolved.

Bottom line, Backup before you update (even on a real Mac). If your update fails after a partial install, you'd better keep pounding on it until it's done or restore from the backup.

Well, I'm not supposed to troubleshoot here, but I'm done anyway......

I really really really reallly really really really really don't know why, but it appears as if the lack of a SSDT-USB.aml file was causing this problem. Thanks to @pastrychef , who urged me to create one, I think adding one worked. Now on this motherboard, I've gone through a LOT of upgrades without a SSDT-USB.aml, and it's never been a problem before. But it looks like this time it was an issue. I was able to grab an aml template from @ammulder's post and modify it enough to do some uia_excludes and that seemed to fix things.

Or maybe it was because I did the combo update, unplugged and offline - not really sure.

After the install of the most current Nvidia drivers, and the latest AppleALC, Nvidiagraphicsfixup, Lilu and VoodooHDA (I use it strictly for HDMI audio and it works great with AppleALC), Audio via HDMI works, the Aquantia 10GBE card works great with the patch provided by someone who shall not be named in this forum, PMHeart patch fixed USB3, so everything seems to be working.

No LAG, of course, but I use Firefox, and never really experienced any lag before, so I'd be surprised if I saw any.

Oh, and I am running Clover 4424.....and that seemed to help some too (if nothing else, it seems faster)

Last edited:
Well, the quickest way is to go back to page 50 and check out post #495 (For some reason, I'm seeing two posts with the same number. If you do, too, then look at the second post #495).
thanks a lot Superbogey got everything working real nice now!

This upgrade made my system work even better, it wakes from sleep much faster now and if before it took some time to have sound (never knew why), now it just works normally.

Having an issue after updating from 10.13.3 to 10.13.4 directly from the App Store! I’m stuck at black screens after initial reboot and after the white bar loads at Apple screen.

Running GIGABYTE Z270X-UD5 1151, Intel Core I7-7700K, AMD Radeon Vega Frontier Edition

finally did the update. update went well, sound came back after rebuilding cache but flickering non stop with just intel HD630. finally decided to put in my gtx 1070 and set it up, flickering all gone. all seems to be going well! I am thinking the flickering is attributed to the fact that lilu and intelgraphicsfixup is not updated yet?

Having an issue after updating from 10.13.3 to 10.13.4 directly from the App Store! I’m stuck at black screens after initial reboot and after the white bar loads at Apple screen.

Running GIGABYTE Z270X-UD5 1151, Intel Core I7-7700K, AMD Radeon Vega Frontier Edition
this isn't a help thread

I can't update... load the updates from Apple Store, then reboot automatically but: the process do not perform the task. Only reboot automatically and goes to load again and again and so on. Abut my Mac: 10.13.3 always.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back