Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you mean this? Entered via Clover Configurator or vla the cli? Because you get different results depending on which you use, unless of course you enter the correct values in the first place....

This isn't correct, is it? (from Post 495):

Easiest is using Clover Configurator.
  • Open your config.plist in clover configurator.
  • In left hand pane select Kernel and Kext Patches.
  • Now in big white box, bottom right click on +
A new line will be created.
  1. Under Name* - com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI
  2. Under Find*[HEX] - g32UDw+DlwQAAA== ???????
  3. Under Replace*[HEX] - g32UD5CQkJCQkA== ???????
  4. Under Comment - USB 10.13.4+ by PMHeart (or anything useful that will remind you what this patch is all about)
  5. Under MatchOS - 10.13.x
  6. Don't write anything else. Save your config.plist
Well, I plugged it into the appropriate area in Clover Configurator and it works on my Kaby Lake Hack. Does it not work for you?

Well, I'm back at 10.13.3 until I figure out this "still waiting .....for godot...."(ooh, anybody get the joke there?)

But as an act of goodwill, this is the XHCI-300-series-injector.kext, a mystery no more.....works for me on 10.13.3! No guarantees, of course......

Your file has 0 bytes size, try to compress it before upload.

As far as I know, the 200 and 300 series both use 8086:a2af for USB. That's what I've been using for a few months on my Z370 and haven't had any issues.

View attachment 323166

Pastry, where did you get that extension? As you can see per Info.plist part I posted, it's reporting as XHCI-200, not XHCI-300 and even binary is byte per byte the same as XHCI-200.

So I think there is NO real XHCI-300 as Rehabman doesn't have any on his site and all the others are just renamed XHCI-200 kexts.

Therefore I think using XHCI-200 Injector on Z370 chipset solves the problem as well :)

Hello fellow Hackintoshers;

I recently did a fresh install 10.13.4 and came up with a couple issues.

Took a bit to find the solutions, but they worked.

I got an issue doing an install where the install image wasn't showing up in clover.

I don't think this is specific to uniBeast, but this fixed my problem:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...t-shown-in-clover-missing-iabootfiles.248994/

Then, for some odd reason, after pressing the continue button, it would lock up for a while and then report
"The recovery server could not be contacted"

This fixed it for me:
https://gist.github.com/levlaz/16b63384bd5e1bee3593be0d91aedbd7

10.13.4 crapped the bed trying to install on my 2015 MBPr. Had to recover the internal drive. I think there will be a 10.13.5 very soon. This thing is still beta IMHO.

Pastry, where did you get that extension? As you can see per Info.plist part I posted, it's reporting as XHCI-200, not XHCI-300 and even binary is byte per byte the same as XHCI-200.

So I think there is NO real XHCI-300 as Rehabman doesn't have any on his site and all the others are just renamed XHCI-200 kexts.

Therefore I think using XHCI-200 Injector on Z370 chipset solves the problem as well :)

I got it from someone on this forum. Can't remember who... It may very well be the same as the XHCI 200 injector, but if 200 and 300 series use the same device ID, it would make no difference what it's named.

I had the same exact issue when i removed Lilu and Whatevergreen (using an RX 480) It would take about 30 seconds before the screen would come back on. However, putting both of these kexts back fixed my issue.
Hi rockstarzz,

Thanks for your tips. However, I tried putting
I had the same exact issue when i removed Lilu and Whatevergreen (using an RX 480) It would take about 30 seconds before the screen would come back on. However, putting both of these kexts back fixed my issue.
Thanks overklock.

Mine does not wake after 30 seconds... Sigh...

If you edit the Info.plist to match on the 300 series XHC it probably will.

Update via App Store, reboot, install latest Nvidia driver, done!
Audio was still good btw.

btw since I didn't change apfs.efi before updating is this still required? do we still need (to update) that file in drivers64UEFI folder?

Thanks

Last edited:
Yes, that's normal. As far as I know, all the motherboards us ASMedia chipsets for USB 3.1 gen 2.

Yes, I can confirm this. My Gigabyte only has chipset USB (so Intel) and the USB 3.1 ports are Gen 1. A previous Gigabyte motherboard with Gen 2 had ASMedia.

:)

Hi there,
I have a problem with a fresh 10.13.4 install.
I created a new bootable USB stick: 10.13.4 from the App Store, UniBeast 8.2.0 - everything went well, no errors.
But when I'm trying to boot, Clover starts but no external device to boot from...
Any ideas?
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back