Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated via Appstore without problems, USB 3.0, Nvidia graphics works. Even my bcm94331cd still working with HandOff & AirDrop support. The only strange thing is before every user log in "Setting up your mac" screen appears for a few seconds and only then starts i'm in. I tried to log off from iCloud account and it made this window disappear, but when i log in to iCloud again it shows up. Not a big deal off course, but if anyone could advice how to get rid of this would be nice.

Tried my GTX 980 Ti and my 1070 Ti with the most recent updates (10.13.4 & newest Webdriver). Still disappointing. UI is going fine, but game having lag all over. Will stick to my RX580 even though I would prefer to run a 980 Ti with my system.

I also tried different SMBIOS and and nothing helped at all. Pretty sad, but on the bright side the RX580 8GB from XFX is running smooth.

For all that are considering buying a 9xx or 10xx Series. I tried it El Capitan (980 Ti and 1070 Ti), on Sierra (980 Ti and 1070 Ti) and on High Sierra (980 Ti and 1070 Ti) and there was no case for a smooth system. Maybe NVIDIA will step up their game once some time past because eGPU will get more attention.

Edit:
Running Whatevergreen + Lilu + Shiki in /kexts/others and everything is working fine. Audio is working without additional patching in HDMI->HDMI and on DP->HDMI.

Ashman, just one monitor, 1080p, connected via the mobo’s DVI.

lerenoamp, I have three monitors connected to my 560, when I removed Whatevergreen, the monitor connected via DVI continued to work, the other two did not. Once I put whatevergreen back, all three monitors worked.

Updated via Appstore, lost HDMI sound and CUDA

Same here. Update went smooth but HDMI audio is now missing (and CUDA waiting for update, but I'm used to that). I haven't figured out yet how to get HDMI audio back.

Updated my Z270 with GTX1070 and updated to the latest Web drivers.. it's actually even worse than before, major lags and got a KP on second boot. Ended up doing a TM restore to before I installed the latest drivers.

Then I updated my older Z87X with a GTX970, no issues at all, it's as smooth as ever with no lag whatsoever and games run just fine, go figure.. :banghead:

Hi! Having a problem with USB 3.0, usb 3.0 devices not connectable! I've had this problem in September when updated to 10.13.0, the problem was with DSDT... but don't remember what receipt worked for me...digging...

what are you configurations? SMBIOS? Webdriver etc? Because my 980Ti isnt running that smooth. Every game i try (LoL, Shadow of Mordor) is not even close to its full potential. I know the drivers aren't perfect, but it is strange that my RX580 outperforms my GTX 980 Ti by stability and FPS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back