Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.4 Security Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
No problems here, via app-store update. I had to do the same song-and-dance that I had to do with a previous high-sierra supplemental update, wherein I had to select the "Mac OS Install" option in clover during the very first reboot of the update. (This update required 2 reboots, for me). Selecting this option brings up a UI that looks like the initial high sierra installer. It completed, then rebooted. This time, there's no "Mac OS Install" option, and selecting "Mac OS" booted up the updated install just fine. I had to update my nvidia drivers afterward, naturally.

I don't know if this is the new normal for Mac OS updates. I had stuck on 10.12 for a while even after 10.13 came out, and this is new behavior in 10.13. I don't know if it's an artifact of my/the current version of clover, of 10.13, or what.

My trackpad not working after update to this security update.
Please help me
Ux410uq
I use voodooi2c.kext for trackpad. But when I update this kext not load

Sorry for my English

Last edited:
My trackpad not working after update to this security update.
Please help me
Ux410uq
I use voodooi2c.kext for trackpad. But when i update this kext not load

Sorry for my english

This is not a help thread. Open separate thread in appropriate laptop forum.

Updated my desktop (see profile) from the App Store. Three reboots, followed by prompt to install new Nvidia drivers. The easiest update yet.

When I start the update - pressing the reboot button - screen goes black with mouse cursor still there and movable. And that's it. Doesn't do anything after that. Doing a hard reset (I waited 20 minutes) just does a normal boot, still showing 1 update available. Never had this before with any update.

I have the exact same problem no terminal is working neither direct update from the file or the App Store. Any help?
Restart and close doesn't work either

I updated through AS.
Got a black screen error after updating Nvidia driver. Editing my config.plist with CsrActiveConfig to 0x00 > reboot > CsrActiveConfig to 0x67 was the solution.

:thumbup:

Here's my process for upgrading to the latest version of the macOS: 10.13.4 Security update.

I do not advocate this process for anyone else, but post it just for informational purposes:

1. Unchecked nvda_drv=1 under Boot in Clover Configurator
2. Set CsrActiveConfig=0x67 under RT Variables in Clover Configurator
3. Disconnected my 10GBE card and connected my 1 GBE built-in card (for the most part optional - most of you don't have 10GBE cards, I think....)
4. Uninstalled the Nvidia drivers using Vulgo's brilliant script (webdriver) -> sudo ./webdriver.sh -r.
5. Another optional step: Updated caches -> sudo kextcache -i /
6. Reboot
7. Ran installer from the App Store. Let it do it's thing (2 reboots, I think)
8. Ran Benjamin Dobell's excellent script:
bash <(curl -s https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Benjamin-Dobell/nvidia-update/master/nvidia-update.sh)
which installed the latest safe Nvidia driver: 387.10.10.10.30.107
9. Reconnected 10GBE card (Mieze patch still working)
10. Double checked that nvda_drv=1 was re-enabled, will re-adjust CsrActiveConfig later, so just one more reboot and....Done!

No issues with Audio, Network, all was it was before the update. Took about 10-15 minutes, roughly...

And the new Nvidia driver works perfectly in Chrome and Firefox, so all the sturm und drang about Nvidia drivers can now hopefully just fade, fade, fade away......yes, they put out some bad drivers, but 30.107 operates perfectly for me.....and for many many others.

Perhaps if you've updated to 30.107 and you're still having troubles, it might be wise to start looking elsewhere for the source of your issues. One thing that helped me was updating to NvidiaGraphicsFixup version 1.2.7 - this is the one that has no lag correction in it, and with that update, and the 30.107 driver, everything works and things, at least for me, are working just swimmingly.

You're a lifesaver @mm2margaret! I was ready to throw in the towel with a black screen after update problem until I tried your process above. Bravo!

doing the update, downloaded from the App Store, the first reboot the system hangs with the sign ban and boot with -v out "error allocating ....." as attached files.
how do I fix?

Attachments

• IMG_3278.jpg
    IMG_3278.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 205
  • IMG_3277.jpg
    IMG_3277.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 188
doing the update, downloaded from the App Store, the first reboot the system hangs with the sign ban and boot with -v out "error allocating ....." as attached files.
how do I fix?
still not a help thread......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back