Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.3 Supplemental Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Downloaded both Supplemental Update and NVIDIA update. Installed the Supplemental Update and on reboot detected NVIDIA update available. Installed that update. Works like a charm. Running as 18,2.

Attachments

• 螢幕快照 2018-02-24 下午2.26.14.jpg
    螢幕快照 2018-02-24 下午2.26.14.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 181
I don't know if the following steps would work with your system but here is what I did (my motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-Z270XP-SLI, which is a 200-series board):

1. Enable Internal Graphics in the BIOS Chipset section and set Pre-Allocated to 128MB, DVMT Total Gfx Mem to 256MB

2. Modify your config.plist file using Clover Configurator:

a. Select change GFX0 to IGPU patch on the Acpi screen​

b. Set Devices > IntelGFX = <id_for_your_board>, Graphics > ig-platform-id = <id_for_your_board>, and check Graphics > Inject Intel option. Do not check Inject NVidia.​

You have to find the IntelGFX and ig-platform-id for your specific board. Mine is a Kaby Lake i7-7700K so IntelFGX = 0x59128086 and ig-platform-id = 0x59120000.

I would create a boot USB drive and put the modified config.plist on that drive. Every time you run an update, boot with that USB drive so you don't have to edit the working config.plist on your HD/SSD.

Thanks for posting this! This was another piece of the puzzle for me, how to get very low CPU use for H.265 videos etc. Never occurred to me to run the Intel GPU in headless mode.
I had to have the BIOS set the Intel IGPU as the first (not PEG) otherwise it would reboot in a loop. Also it got rid of a video artefact that showed up on the bottom of the screen during the boot process; bonus!
With the Sony Sony Camp 4K Demo.mp4 video I get < 5% for the VTDecoderXPCService. I'm running a RX580 with a i7-3700 (HD4000) and I used ig-platform-id = 0x01620005. I wasn't sure as to what to set the IntelGFX FakeID so left it set to 0XXXX8086. But I gather I should enter 0x01628086 ??

Screen Shot 2018-02-24 at 5.42.58 pm.png Screen Shot 2018-02-24 at 5.43.32 pm.png

Wait, what? No EFI in safe mode? Where did you hear that because I'm pretty sure that's not true. If so then my system is a freak because I have NEVER moved my third-party kexts out of the EFI partition and into /Library/Extensions to boot in safe mode. You can't boot without the EFI partition in the first place - except from USB drive and even then, guess what? It has it's own EFI partiton. Clover boot manager in the EFI is one of the basic parts of Hackintoshing. Without it, you'd have to have something like the old Chameleon setup... and we all know how well that still works.

Crikey! When did I offend you? :crazy:

Check around. Plenty of people have put third-party kexts in the Library/Extensions folder. KextBeast is designed to do this (as well as System/Library/Extensions) although, agreed, I avoid both.

No, I didn't say there wasn't an EFI in Safe Mode, nor did I say I ... " moved my third-party kexts out of the EFI partition and into Library/Extensions to boot in safe mode". Of course the system still boot from the EFI partition. I just said that you can't mount the EFI partition to modify it while in Safe Mode to make amendments. My suggestion was just as a workaround to get the GPU working in normal mode.

You can boot to UniBeast and use a lot of Terminal commands to install the kexts if you really want to.

Or maybe as you say my build is some kind of special case ... Odd if so.

And the reason I comment here in the first place is to try and help - I'm no expert nor on any kind of loud ego-trip.

Last edited:
Clover boot manager in the EFI is one of the basic parts of Hackintoshing.
It doesn't actually matter where Clover is located. The EFI partition is normal because all EFI firmwares can read and write to FAT volumes. If your firmware has the AMI read-only NTFS driver you can install Clover to your Windows C: drive for example, add it to the boot menu and it will boot. Macs don't use the EFI partition for booting macOS (though they can for other OSs), Apple firmware uses its own filesystem drivers and loads boot.efi from /System/Library/CoreServices (which is what Clover does).

Well, downloaded and clicked install... goes to procedure, reboot... and my system seems the same 17D47 build as before (even Nvidia is working just fine). Something went wrong, I guess... the update doesn't appear at App Store anymore. I will leave at that, since all is working just fine.

Actually I tried again this morning. Before restart, goes to "installing software update" screen but it does not complete. And then restart and everything is the same. What is happening? any help?

Updated via download from app store, no issues, all good.

I still had no sound after 2 reboots. Reinstalling ALC1150 with MultiBeast did the trick, although the main post said it wasn't necessary. My FCPX is still not working properly, but these are no news since I have not been able to get it fully working under 10.13 yet (rendering window shows noise blocks and exported movie has same issues.)

Why use 103? latest best no-lag version for this should be 106, which replace the shitty 156!
Thank you, this is fixing the buggy 156 that I've been scratching my head for the last couple of weeks. I was wonder what actually causing my hackintosh nearly useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back