Contribute
Register

macOS 10.12.6 Update

I just updated from 10.12.5 to 10.12.6 successfully. Just ran the update from the App Store, then rebooted and then installed the new Nvidia drivers and it works perfectly, including still having HDMI audio through my Nvidia gpu.

As I am running a 7700K, I then also removed the Skylake FakeCPUID I had been using from config.plist, since it now supports Kabylake.

Then I got to thinking that since it now supports Kabylake, that if I tried changing my IMAC profile from 14,2, that it might actually work and not give a black screen.

So I loaded my config.plist into Clover Configurator and then in the SMBIOS section, I clicked on the magic wand and then chose IMAC 18,3 which it said was for the 7700K. I then saved and restarted and it actually booted up back to the login screen and I did not get any black screen issues and I have not done any other modifications and have not run any scripts, such as the AGDPFix script whatsoever.

About Mac 183.png

dual monitors are not available for me after the Nvidia update
any suggestions? dont know why my profile shws the 6550 ti
however i updated to the 970 4gb
Screen Shot 2017-07-21 at 1.05.06 AM 1.png

Last edited:
Updated clover to latest version before combo update 10.12.5 to 10.12.6.
Nvidia prefs downloaded latest drivers.
Reboot into 10.12.6 without issues.
No patch to plist required. Audio carried over.

Last edited:
All working after update, Nvidia web driver update work fine with system definitions imac 17,1

I just finished updating my Gene build and tested iMac18,3 system definition briefly. I noticed some weirdness...
  1. Some of my USB devices were not appearing while other devices on the same hub did appear.
  2. My 10GbE PCI-e card was not seen.
Right now, I'm back to iMac17,1 system definition and all is working correctly.

Updated without issues.

how do i update from AppStore directly? I see no offered update there.

Updated via Mac AppStore, all perfect. Schermata 2017-07-21 alle 11.47.52.png

Back