Contribute
Register

macOS 10.12.5 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only really had add the kext for my sound and the patcher worked for the Nvidia GPU. It might be a good idea to get rid of the junk files. Other then that it works great

so I was a little gung-ho with this (new to the whole scene) and installed the update before doing any research. now my nvidia drivers won't work. I tried changing NVDARequiredOS as documented earlier in the thread, but I still don't have the option to actually switch over to the nvidia driver in my settings panel. Is there some other file (kext?) I can update to accomplish this in lieu of waiting for the official driver update? Thanks!

I prefer to wait the Nvidia release to ensure the drivers completely work w/o problems with 10.12.5.

A wise precaution if you don't have the means to restore but I did the same thing and the NVIDIA web driver has been working flawlessly so far for the last few hours. So until the updated driver is released, this may work but I advise caution if you rely on your machine and can't easily revert this change.

changing NVDARequiredOS to match the build system is just to install the web drivers on another version of mac os os, to bypass the system check

you have to do like gagaraz said
i been doing that same method for years, there is no point for me to upload the same file that he already uploaded
simply download that file, delete yours from S/L/E
use kext wizard or similar to install the file
then reboot
sometimes the system will boot right away if you had the web drivers already check on nvidia driver manager
but if you changed to generic web drivers then you will have to boot with nv_disable after you reboot
now change it to web drivers and reboot
now it should work
sometimes it just take an extra step if you had it on generic web drivers before installing the file
good luck

thank you, that worked! I installed NVDAStartupWeb.kext, rebooted, then had to switch to the driver in my settings panel, rebooted again and all is good. just booted up a few games (Dota, Dolphin) and everything seems to be running smoothly. sometimes I find it hard to understand the order of operations required to get some of this stuff working so thank you again for spelling it out for me. cheers

I am just waiting on the updated nVidia drivers for the 1080Ti and the only other thing I had to do was update the Nvme kext and I am back up and running.

Update without any problem, just re-install wifi kext and alc1220

P/s: still waiting for official graphic driver

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-05-16 at 10.26.26 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-05-16 at 10.26.26 AM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 497
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back