Contribute
Register

macOS 10.12.5 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I currently do not have those two kexts installed and am working with the 630 graphics. I will need to upgrade to Sierra regardless so I can use the nVidia card I've got coming. If I install those kexts at this point, will that break anything, or are they "harmless" to my setup? Clover configuration attached.
Why, yes, they are safe...

No problem with HD5870.I've just upgraded from 10.12.3 via Software update.Everything seems to be ok.
Thank you! Going to update then :)

Hi, I just installed 12.5 update, now it gives me bootloop. I installed Lilu.kext
IntelGraphicsFixup.kext using kext utility before the update.

Deskmini 110W
i3-6100
Clover 4061
16gb DDR4 2133
Toshiba 256GB Nvme SSD
DW1560 BCM94352Z WIFI&Bluetooth

I attached -v -x screenshot

I just updated my XPS 13 and I am getting exactly the same problem as you. Any ideas what to do ? I install both kexts before the upgrade.

[EDIT]
It must be related to Intel HD5500 - I've managed to boot up fine when Inject Intel was off. The graphics is bad now though.

Thanks all.

Last edited:
I have the Asus ROG STRIX GTX 1080 Ti
Is it safe to run this update with WebDriver-378.05.05.15f01 drivers?

I certainly hope so!

Asus Maximus VIII Gene updated without incident via App Store.

Stuck after upgrading to 10.12.5 from App Store with the loading screen as attached

Attachments

• IMG_8197.JPG
    IMG_8197.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 438
My rig updated fine w/ the new web drivers..except now I have this odd thing where my audio will randomly lag and my mouse will jitter when moving. Any ideas? Seems like an odd issue.

Edit: Upon restarting, the issue resolved itself.

Last edited:
I just updated via Combo update, no problem with my hack, working audio without having to install anything, updating video with nVdia web driver. Great job this time too !!:headbang::headbang::headbang:

Very easy update here too.

1) Downloaded from the App Store - installed fine.

2) Re-booted with the "nv_disable=1" flag.

3) Nvidia driver first popped-up to tell me it was out-of-date, then popped-up again to offer me the new update. Installed without problem.

4) Re-booted.

Done. Sound and Wi-Fi still working.

Just hope there are a few subtle fixes in 10.12.5 to help us all.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back