Motherboard
rMBP
CPU
[email protected]
Graphics
i4K & GeForce GT 650M
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Hey all! I have a question regarding Apple's finish on their aluminum cases. How exactly are they finished? Bead blasted, painted, etc...?

I'm working building a MacMini from the ground up, case and all. I have aluminum parts for it (original Apple parts), but may need to refinish & match finish on some custom cut pieces. Of course, I want to get it right if I can.

Thanks!
PG

A bit late on the reply but the normal finish involves beed blasting and then anodizing the aluminum with a natural grey/silver color. I would suggest if you want the parts to match to just have everything refinished and anodized. If it is a 2011 and up case then you can easily remove all plastic bits and refinish the actual housing along with getting your custom parts done as well.

Thanks Zackmd1. I was actually looking for a way to refinish parts to look as close as possible to the original finish. Getting them re-anodized is a bit too costly for me. I was hoping that bead blasting would come close enough. Luckily I may not have to worry about it. All the items I purchased for the MacMini I want to build came without any marks or scratches on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back