Contribute
Register

Mac OSX Sierra 10.12.X on ThinkPad T470s

Status
Not open for further replies.
None of the plists in my guide use the 'npci' kernel flag.
Yes, you are right on this. I was using a depreciated config.plist from a person who owns a T470 (without P).

Read guide regarding DVMT-prealloc:
I did and was able to get to the installer. Now it doesn't detect the harddrive. Assuming some issue with NVMe. Will also have a look on this.

NVMe is covered in the FAQ.
Not sure what I did wrong, but I decided to go with HackrNVMeFamily and get now kernel panics relating to IOSCSIArchitectureModelFamily. I need to investigate what went wrong while using the kext. I followed the instructions and copied the HackrNVMeFamilyInjector.kext and the generated HackrNVMeFamily-10_12_6.kext to Clover kext folder.

Not sure what I did wrong, but I decided to go with HackrNVMeFamily and get now kernel panics relating to IOSCSIArchitectureModelFamily. I need to investigate what went wrong while using the kext. I followed the instructions and copied the HackrNVMeFamilyInjector.kext and the generated HackrNVMeFamily-10_12_6.kext to Clover kext folder.

You must implement the class-code spoof.
This guide is linked from the FAQ (you seemed to have missed it): https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...h-ionvmefamily-using-class-code-spoof.210316/

You must implement the class-code spoof.
This guide is linked from the FAQ (you seemed to have missed it)
True. After using the --spoof option, it can boot the installer again without kernel panics. But still no luck with having the SSD detected. May I ask you for having a look at the Clover folder attached to this post? I'm pretty sure I did something wrong in the config.plist.

Attachments

• ProbRep_091217-0442P.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 51
True. After using the --spoof option, it can boot the installer again without kernel panics. But still no luck with having the SSD detected. May I ask you for having a look at the Clover folder attached to this post? I'm pretty sure I did something wrong in the config.plist.

Refer to the guide for correct config.plist files.
The only edit required is to enable the _DSM->XDSM patch.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

HackrNVMeFamilyInjector.kext should NOT be in Clover/kexts/Other. It is only for 10.13.
Also remove IONVMeFamily.kext as that is wrong too.
Do not add any patches for IONVMeFamily to config.plist, as that is also wrong.

Check in Windows device manager to see if the ACPI path you have for NVMe is correct: _SB.PCI0.RP11.PXSX

You forgot to press F2 before collecting EFI/Clover, so I was not able to look at preboot.log. Please read "problem reporting" carefully next time.

Refer to the guide for correct config.plist files.
The only edit required is to enable the _DSM->XDSM patch.
Thank you. It can get pretty difficult, to pay attention, at all this stuff, without completly understanding, how it works and what it does. But I love to learn, I appreciate your time you take to help.

HackrNVMeFamilyInjector.kext should NOT be in Clover/kexts/Other. It is only for 10.13.
Also remove IONVMeFamily.kext as that is wrong too.
Do not add any patches for IONVMeFamily to config.plist, as that is also wrong.
I removed all those stuff mentioned.

Check in Windows device manager to see if the ACPI path you have for NVMe is correct: _SB.PCI0.RP11.PXSX
Is there a way to pass the APCI path over rather than having it automatically determined? I saw this option only for usage as SSDT, but not for patch_nvme.sh. I ask, because I'm using another System for the script, and you guess it, I didn't pay attention for the mismatching ACPI paths... Instead of _SB.PCI0.RP11.PXSX I need _SB.PCI0.RP09.PXSX so I wonder, if that can be changed somethere, as you where able to determine this.

Determining ACPI path for NVMe is not automatic.
Requires the human brain to look at Windows Device Manager data.
I was suggesting you would get me wrong, as it took me longer, to understand what the patch does and I should have think more before I posted. I already got the right the ACPI path but I don't understand how I can use it. I've generated an SSDT using your example, saved it at the particular place, but I've got still no SSD. I'm pretty sure I did something wrong, but I need a hint :D

EDIT: From where eg. did you get the ACPI path you mentioned? From the SSDT provided in the Clover files?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back