Graphics
HD 5500
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello together,

I tried some experiments on my own as the Internet was not helpfull in finding information about Hackintoshes on this particular device. So I failed all attempts to install OSX Sierra on a Lenovo Thinkpad T470p. That laptop is equipped with an i7-7820HQ, 16GB RAM, 512GB Samsung SSD (NVMe?) as well as a nVidia GeForce 940M Graphics Card. Overall it's the ThinkPad sold on German market as model 20J6003DGE.

Soon after booting the OSX installer via the latest Clover I get a Kernel Panic relating to IOUSB. I'm aware of, that checking "Ownership" and "Inject" should be done, but it doesn't matter if it's checked or not, the Kernel Panic occurs. I've attached one picture of the Kernel Panic while attempting to install Sierra. It's not my first hackintosh and I have quite some experience, but on this ThinkPad I have absolutly no clue whats going on. Maybe some of you is able to help me on that, I would really appreciate it. Attached to this post also the current configuration of CLOVER.

Attachments

• 20171206_221928.jpg
    20171206_221928.jpg
    255.2 KB · Views: 421
  • problemreportingvalko.zip
    2 MB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Not a Desktop - Moved to Sierra Laptop Support.

Hello together,

I tried some experiments on my own as the Internet was not helpfull in finding information about Hackintoshes on this particular device. So I failed all attempts to install OSX Sierra on a Lenovo Thinkpad T470p. That laptop is equipped with an i7-7820HQ, 16GB RAM, 512GB Samsung SSD (NVMe?) as well as a nVidia GeForce 940M Graphics Card. Overall it's the ThinkPad sold on German market as model 20J6003DGE.

Soon after booting the OSX installer via the latest Clover I get a Kernel Panic relating to IOUSB. I'm aware of, that checking "Ownership" and "Inject" should be done, but it doesn't matter if it's checked or not, the Kernel Panic occurs. I've attached one picture of the Kernel Panic while attempting to install Sierra. It's not my first hackintosh and I have quite some experience, but on this ThinkPad I have absolutly no clue whats going on. Maybe some of you is able to help me on that, I would really appreciate it. Attached to this post also the current configuration of CLOVER.

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Although you should read the FAQ for an overview of issues, the Clover guide is linked from the first question: "Q. Where do I start?", just after the bold face "Clover Guide".
Here is a direct link, just to be clear:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, your profile must be filled out with complete details as requested in the FAQ, again under "Q. Where do I start?". All seven details requested are equally important.

And if you have an issue (after following the guide), or on any other problem, you must provide a detailed description of the problem including information that helps us understand what you're doing. Always attach "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html
The required files and data are fully detailed in the last question in the FAQ:
"Q. What are typical "Problem Reporting" files?"

I'm glad you mentioned it. I would appreciate it, if you can also tell me to which particular point I should pay attention to? It honors me, that you took the time to reply to this thread, but your reply sounds like the generic ones from you, I read many many times over years, everytime I googled hours in the web for finding solutions on my own. Most times, there was a thread with stuff which helped me to get things working. You seem to be keen, that I missed something, but unfortunately I can't tell what it is. But I guarantee, I'll pay attention to it, ones you told me, what it was! In the meantime I'll try to figure out, what I could have missed while entering the hardware details into my profile...

I'm glad you mentioned it. I would appreciate it, if you can also tell me to which particular point I should pay attention to? It honors me, that you took the time to reply to this thread, but your reply sounds like the generic ones from you, I read many many times over years, everytime I googled hours in the web for finding solutions on my own. Most times, there was a thread with stuff which helped me to get things working. You seem to be keen, that I missed something, but unfortunately I can't tell what it is. But I guarantee, I'll pay attention to it, ones you told me, what it was!

Follow entirely as written.
If you have an issue, attach problem reporting files.

In the meantime I'll try to figure out, what I could have missed while entering the hardware details into my profile...

Your profile is missing screen resolution.
Please read the FAQ carefully.

If you have an issue, attach problem reporting files.
I see both files I attached to post #1. Not sure, if you just dont't see them or you act like they are not there, cause they contain unhelpful files.

Your profile is missing screen resolution.
I've added it.

No idea what you're referring to.
For me the best which works is to explain how to do things right, rather than just telling, I missed something. Just letting me figure out, what might be wrong, doesn't convince me, to remember the stuff, as I never learn, if I was right about my assumptions. But if you point at what I've overseen, there's a pretty good change, that I understand the process much better.

Keep in mind QHD requirements as mentioned in the FAQ.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
(eg. DVMT-prealloc, framebuffer patching, CoreDisplay patching, etc)
Thank you. This way for example works for me. I can only set the shared memory to either 512MB or 256MB in BIOS. Not sure, if Lenovo is talking also about DVMT in this BIOS option, but the setting is currently set to 256MB. I can't patch something right now, as I didn't even manage to install Sierra. I have the installer on a GUID formatted USB stick as explained in your guide, but I still can't boot due to a kernel panic mentioning AppleUSBXHCI kext.

You are right, the problem I had was truly relating to the USB ports. Fixed it by using your USBInjectAll.kext and disabling the USB related options "Inject", "Add ClockID" and "Fix Ownership". "HighCurrent" is also unchecked and was never used before. Removing the boot option "npci=0x2000" and also not using "npci=0x3000" helped also.

That is DVMT-size, not DVMT-prealloc.
You are also right on this. I've got now kernel panics relating to "AppleIntelKBLGraphicsFramebuffer" but I think I can solve this by my own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back