Contribute
Register

Mac OSX Sierra 10.12.X on ThinkPad T470s

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can provide you for a second time a copy of the Clover folder, but I didn't see the point for it, as I changed nothing except the option "Drop OEM SSDT" from "Yes" to "No" which directly brings me a USB kernel panic as on picture from post #1

I cannot make any judgment without seeing the files.
Please read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully.

I cannot make any judgment without seeing the files.
Please read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully.
Still no luck. Attached the Cloverfolder from my latest error and trial tests based on some threads I read around here. config_A is my own version, config_B is based on the starter threads for Kaby Lakes CPUs. No matter what I try, disabling DropOEM SSDT leads automatically to Kernel Panics. Someone with an idea out there? Disabling OEM SSDT is based on a recommendation and also to try out, if this is the reason, the NVMe drive doesnt show up in the OSX installer.

Attachments

• ProbRep_171217-1936.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 55
Still no luck. Attached the Cloverfolder from my latest error and trial tests based on some threads I read around here. config_A is my own version, config_B is based on the starter threads for Kaby Lakes CPUs. No matter what I try, disabling DropOEM SSDT leads automatically to Kernel Panics. Someone with an idea out there? Disabling OEM SSDT is based on a recommendation and also to try out, if this is the reason, the NVMe drive doesnt show up in the OSX installer.

Your EFI/Clover is not correct (not even a config.plist!)
And you didn't provide requested "Problem Reporting" files.
Start over with the guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.232980/

Your EFI/Clover is not correct (not even a config.plist!)
Did you know there is an option in Clover to choose a config if there are several? I'm using this option. It's unsettling you really think I don't use a config file to boot OSX.

Did you know there is an option in Clover to choose a config if there are several? I'm using this option.

I am well aware of the feature. And I use it sometimes, with a keen eye regarding the bugs in it.

Do not use that feature. It does not work correctly.

Note: There is a lot more wrong with your EFI/Clover than just missing config.plist (and/or using buggy Clover features not recommended by the guide)... You need to start over, and follow the guide as written.

Do not use that feature. It does not work correctly.
Just because I'm interested: Can you give me an example? I'm not sure if I can imagine, what could go wrong, using it.

Note: There is a lot more wrong with your EFI/Clover than just missing config.plist (and/or using buggy Clover features not recommended by the guide)...
Also here: Can you give me some hints to what I need especially pay attention to?

You need to start over, and follow the guide as written.
You may have no idea, how many hours I've spent in reading guides. Obviously there seem to remain things, I fail to decide wether I need them, or not. Thats why I'm here: I try to get a better understanding of what I fail. To emphasize it: It is not my first time, I installed OSX to something other than a Mac, I do have plenty of experience. But this damned laptop gives me sleeples nights, thinking about what I do wrong. So please don't make me feel dumb pointing at guides over and over again :(

Just because I'm interested: Can you give me an example? I'm not sure if I can imagine, what could go wrong, using it.

When I use it, I notice it does not completely erase all settings before applying new settings from the newly selected config.plist.

Also here: Can you give me some hints to what I need especially pay attention to?

Everything in the guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back