Contribute
Register

Mac OS X Mountain Lion and Windows 7 dual boot problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Turns out it was the "boot0: error" all along.
I guess if it tried to use Chimera/Chameleon on my HD this error would occur, and because it went by so quick, I guess it just defaulted to the Windows boot loader.
I followed the instructions here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/25-boot0-error-official-guide.html
Using the command dd if=/Volumes/OSX/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h of=/dev/disk0s3

And lo-and-behold when I booted the Chimera boot screen came up.

Now its time to configure my system - thanks for all the support and that awesome guide!

+ adding this to your guide might be useful; the description on the page with the boot0 error seems to indicate it may happen on all drives 500GB or greater

If I get a chance I'll try to add a note about boot0 error and 4k/AF drives. Part of the reason I didn't write it in the first place is that I have no AF drives to test with.

What if i would like to install OS X and Windows into seperate Hard Drives??? I don't know how to do it, although it couldn't be more complicated than installing in one hard drive..

What if i would like to install OS X and Windows into seperate Hard Drives??? I don't know how to do it, although it couldn't be more complicated than installing in one hard drive..

i just did this.

I have a working ML hackintosh working for few mths now and I just got myself an ssd for win7. Seems to be working great so far, will prob move my current osx files to another SSD when i have the chance.

I followed a guide i found on -- PIRACY PROMOTING SITE m --(i cant seem to post links here) PM me for a link, or just google with these search parameters, "hackintosh dual boot" And go for the one that comes from -- PIRACY PROMOTING SITE m --.com, might be the first link.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back