NVIDIA GEFORCE GT 650M 2GB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6

I've purchased the CD of Mountain Leopard 10.6 but the problem is that I'm getting errors when using iBoot to boot up with the retail CD.

Following errors that I get (I've used all the commands -x -v GraphicsEnabler=Yes/No)
Code:
ERROR: dcbtable_version is 0x4
ERROR: nVidia ROM Patching Failed!

Laptop SPECS:
PCSpecs.PNG

Thanks in advance!

I've purchased the CD of Mountain Leopard 10.6 but the problem is that I'm getting errors when using iBoot to boot up with the retail CD.

Following errors that I get (I've used all the commands -x -v GraphicsEnabler=Yes/No)
Code:
ERROR: dcbtable_version is 0x4
ERROR: nVidia ROM Patching Failed!

Laptop SPECS:
View attachment 93671

Thanks in advance!

Are you installing ML or Snow Leopard? SL DVD is 10.6 (usually 10.6.3), and ML is not available on DVD. For your CPU, if you're installing SL, you should be using iBoot Ivy. Note that SL does not support your graphics/CPU, so the purpose of installing SL is only to download ML.

Specs are not detailed enough...

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature (pointer over your name in upper right - drop down menu select Settings and Edit Profile from options in left pane of Settings menu.)

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx). For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Are you installing ML or Snow Leopard? SL DVD is 10.6 (usually 10.6.3), and ML is not available on DVD. For your CPU, if you're installing SL, you should be using iBoot Ivy. Note that SL does not support your graphics/CPU, so the purpose of installing SL is only to download ML.

Specs are not detailed enough...

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature (pointer over your name in upper right - drop down menu select Settings and Edit Profile from options in left pane of Settings menu.)

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx). For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

My graphics are NVIDIA GEFORCE GT 650M 2GB which is not listed in the profile's list. And I meant Snow Leopard.

My graphics are NVIDIA GEFORCE GT 650M 2GB which is not listed in the profile's list. And I meant Snow Leopard.

Do you have both nvidia and intel or just nvidia? The difference is important (not for SL but when you go to install Mavericks).

SL does not support your hardware. You will be installing SL and just get it limping along in order to download Mavericks and create a USB installer with Unibeast (using iBoot Ivy). Just so you're aware of your real goal...

Obviously, it is much easier to install Mavericks without involving SL if you have access to a Mac...

Do you have both nvidia and intel or just nvidia? The difference is important (not for SL but when you go to install Mavericks).

SL does not support your hardware. You will be installing SL and just get it limping along in order to download Mavericks and create a USB installer with Unibeast (using iBoot Ivy). Just so you're aware of your real goal...

Obviously, it is much easier to install Mavericks without involving SL if you have access to a Mac...

I don't have a mac and the thing is that I've bought SL and only want it to use xcode. I don't need Mavericks at all.

Found more information about my laptop.

Code:
[COLOR=#444444][FONT=Tahoma]Intel Ivy Bridge Core i7-3610, 2.3 GHz to 3.2 GHz, 6 MB L3 Cache Speed [/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#444444][FONT=Tahoma]Chipset: Intel HM76 [/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#444444][FONT=Tahoma]Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit [/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#444444][FONT=Tahoma]Display: 15-inch, 1920-1080pixels [/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#444444][FONT=Tahoma]Memory: 6 GB DDR3 SODIMM [/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#444444][FONT=Tahoma]Hard Drive: 750 GB SATA [/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#444444][FONT=Tahoma]Graphics Card: Intel GMA 4000 + Nvidia GT630M [/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#444444][FONT=Tahoma]Connection: 802.11 b / g / n, Bluetooth V4.0, USB 3.0 (4) HDMI (1). Audio In /Out, webcam, memory card reader. [/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#444444][FONT=Tahoma]Battery: 5200mAh [/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#444444][FONT=Tahoma]Size: 38.0 x 25.5 x 2.73 ~ 3.40 mm [/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#444444][FONT=Tahoma]Weight: 2.711 kg (+ Charger: 3279 kg)[/FONT][/COLOR]

I don't have a mac and the thing is that I've bought SL and only want it to use xcode. I don't need Mavericks at all.

Found more information about my laptop.

Code:
[COLOR=#444444][FONT=Tahoma]Intel Ivy Bridge Core i7-3610, 2.3 GHz to 3.2 GHz, 6 MB L3 Cache Speed [/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#444444][FONT=Tahoma]Chipset: Intel HM76 [/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#444444][FONT=Tahoma]Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit [/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#444444][FONT=Tahoma]Display: 15-inch, 1920-1080pixels [/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#444444][FONT=Tahoma]Memory: 6 GB DDR3 SODIMM [/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#444444][FONT=Tahoma]Hard Drive: 750 GB SATA [/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#444444][FONT=Tahoma]Graphics Card: Intel GMA 4000 + Nvidia GT630M [/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#444444][FONT=Tahoma]Connection: 802.11 b / g / n, Bluetooth V4.0, USB 3.0 (4) HDMI (1). Audio In /Out, webcam, memory card reader. [/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#444444][FONT=Tahoma]Battery: 5200mAh [/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#444444][FONT=Tahoma]Size: 38.0 x 25.5 x 2.73 ~ 3.40 mm [/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#444444][FONT=Tahoma]Weight: 2.711 kg (+ Charger: 3279 kg)[/FONT][/COLOR]

For the last time, Snow Leopard does not support Ivy CPU/HD4000.

Suggest: Install Mavericks. You can use your SL DVD (w/ iBoot Ivy) to install SL, then use it to download Mavericks (free).

For the last time, Snow Leopard does not support Ivy CPU/HD4000.

Suggest: Install Mavericks. You can use your SL DVD (w/ iBoot Ivy) to install SL, then use it to download Mavericks (free).

The problem is that I can't get SL to be installed on my laptop using iBoot. I get an error when starting booting into it using iBoot.

The problem is that I can't get SL to be installed on my laptop using iBoot. I get an error when starting booting into it using iBoot.

I said this before... you need to use iBoot Ivy.

I said this before... you need to use iBoot Ivy.

I installed SL it went succesful only problem I'm facing is that I've done everything, software update, multibeast but the ethernet cable just doesn't get recognized or WIFI. How am I able to fix this in order to install Mavericks?

I installed SL it went succesful only problem I'm facing is that I've done everything, software update, multibeast but the ethernet cable just doesn't get recognized or WIFI. How am I able to fix this in order to install Mavericks?

WiFi: Depends on having compatible hardware. Use DPCIManager->PCI List to find out what you have. Compatible chipsets and the procedures for making them work are covered here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/104850-guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.html

Ethernet: What Ethernet chipset do you have? Use DPCIManager->PCIList to find out.

Also, I don't know if DPCIManager runs on OS X.... Use 'lspci -nn' in Linux Terminal if that is the case.

Basically you have to determine what device your Ethernet is and find drivers for it. At least drivers that will load, if not work. If you can't find a driver that works on SL, you will need to use NullEthernet: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Null-Ethernet, and use WiFi (either built-in or USB) to download.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back