Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.7.3 Update - The Official Thread (Desktops)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm on a fresh 10.7 install and everything is working fine. Considering that, is there any real reason for me to update and risk breaking something?

jvincent08 said:
I'm on a fresh 10.7 install and everything is working fine. Considering that, is there any real reason for me to update and risk breaking something?

You need to update only if you want ....

10.7.2 ---> iCloud, Find My Mac, etc.
10.7.3 ---> iMessages beta

I suggest to you to upgrade to 10.7.1 (no issues and very small update )

Hi all,

Have installed 10.7 and then updated to 10.7.3 with everything great except sound. I have been at this for the last 5 hours. I can not get onboard audio OR GT240 to run through HDMI.

I am using a Gigabyte GA-P55-UD3R mobo - 8gb ram. Nvidia GT240 and an SSD. i5-750 CPU

It all boots fine but I really need sound to make use of the machine.

My preference is to run HDMI through the GT240 which is what I was doing prior to the upgrade. but at the least I need to be running something.

Any help would be much appreciated

grogamanda said:
Hi all,

Have installed 10.7 and then updated to 10.7.3 with everything great except sound. I have been at this for the last 5 hours. I can not get onboard audio OR GT240 to run through HDMI.

I am using a Gigabyte GA-P55-UD3R mobo - 8gb ram. Nvidia GT240 and an SSD. i5-750 CPU

It all boots fine but I really need sound to make use of the machine.

My preference is to run HDMI through the GT240 which is what I was doing prior to the upgrade. but at the least I need to be running something.

Any help would be much appreciated

i have a gts 450 working hdmi audio with voodoo hda 0.2.1 on 10.7.3
wasnt working on 10.7

imagine should be the same with gt240

toleda said:
grogamanda said:
The only way to get HDMI audio in OS X is with dsdt and kext edits you make on your system. More info http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=162&t=31664

i couldnt get hdmi audio working with the dual monitors with the edits, when i had the two monitors plugged in no sound

hdmi monitor on own with dsdt edits and kext edits works perfect

although i havnt tried with 10.7.3

toleda have u helped any one with dual monitors

hda rollback and voodoo hda 0.2.1 is working for me at the minute

Hey, I managed to read through a bit of the thread and then began to be too lazy to read the whole thing (got through about 13 pages or so), so i may not know the WHOLE story, I apologize :p. I am still on 10.7.1 so I realize I have to download the combo. What I seem to understand is that the Lynx Driver for ethernet is broken. Are people still getting KPs with this? If so, is there a fix? Thanks Guys!

I dont suppose there are any Gfx cards which run audio over HDMI natively are there? without any hacks?

Cheers

Grog

grogamanda said:
I dont suppose there are any Gfx cards which run audio over HDMI natively are there? without any hacks?

Cheers

Grog

almost certain there isnt
maybe a genuine card they are expensive!

toledas dsdt and kext edits are the best way but ive been unsuccessful with dual monitors :thumbdown:

Finally got the nerve to update my first hackintosh with its first Software Update. I used the combo update and ran System Utilities and AppleHDARollback before the restart and all was fine! MB is a EP45-UD3P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back