Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.7.3 Update - The Official Thread (Desktops)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have tried nearly everything I can think of but I cannot get audio to work. I may have rebooted originally after running Multibeast but before trying to enable audio.

I've removed the following kext:
ALC8xxHDA.kext
HDAEnabler889.kext

Then I reran Multibeast with the only the two boxes checked for:
ALC8xxHDA
AppleHDA Rollback

I originally used UserDSDT install with the dsdt on my desktop for mother board GA-Z68XP-UD3

I have networking and everything else working fine and my HD6870 appears to be working great too. it's just this audio issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've been reading posts for hours, but all of the instructions reiterate what I've already done that isn't working. :(

Thanks in advance!

jdslists said:
I have tried nearly everything I can think of but I cannot get audio to work. I may have rebooted originally after running Multibeast but before trying to enable audio.

ALC8xxHDA.kext
HDAEnabler889.kext

ALC8xxHDA
AppleHDA Rollback

I originally used UserDSDT install with the dsdt on my desktop for mother board GA-Z68XP-UD3

I have networking and everything else working fine and my HD6870 appears to be working great too. it's just this audio issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've been reading posts for hours, but all of the instructions reiterate what I've already done that isn't working. :(

Thanks in advance!

Have you tried voodoo?

ollien said:
jdslists said:

ALC8xxHDA.kext
HDAEnabler889.kext

ALC8xxHDA
AppleHDA Rollback

Thanks in advance!

Have you tried voodoo?
I have not. I always buy the recommended hardware to try and avoid these types of things. Can you point me towards any documentation on which Voodoo I should try and what the pros/cons are of using Voodoo versus the standard recommendation?

Thanks!

Also, to followup on my existing audio issue, at what point do you simply have to start over? For instance, was deleting the existing audio related kext enough in order to try Voodoo (since the normal rollback isn't working)? Or is it a lost cause?

If I go the Voodoo route, how do you figure out which one to choose?

Also, does anybody know if the CustomMac project typically fixes these issues?

Are there anyway to remove kext or view them in finder without removing using terminal?

Lastly, how do you know for sure that a DSDT, that was on the desktop during the first Multibeast run, actually "took"? Is it possible I'm using an un-modified DSDT even though it was present?

I apologize in advance for all of the questions, but I don't feel as though the answers are very clear in the guides or in the install manual for multibeast.

Thanks again for the help!

jdslists said:
Also, to followup on my existing audio issue, at what point do you simply have to start over? For instance, was deleting the existing audio related kext enough in order to try Voodoo (since the normal rollback isn't working)? Or is it a lost cause?

If I go the Voodoo route, how do you figure out which one to choose?

Also, does anybody know if the CustomMac project typically fixes these issues?

Are there anyway to remove kext or view them in finder without removing using terminal?

Lastly, how do you know for sure that a DSDT, that was on the desktop during the first Multibeast run, actually "took"? Is it possible I'm using an un-modified DSDT even though it was present?

I apologize in advance for all of the questions, but I don't feel as though the answers are very clear in the guides or in the install manual for multibeast.

Thanks again for the help!
Update: I installed VoodooHDA 0.2.7.3 and that gave me Digital-out (HDMI) (which I haven't tested) but I don't really care about that. I need the on-board audio to work so I can use my headphones on skype calls and use standard desktop speakers. I was hoping Voodoo would give me both.

Does it matter that the other kexts (HDAEnabler889.kext, AppleHDA.kext, and ALC8xxHDA.kext) are present? I've tried every possible combination without any luck.

Curious to update to 10.7.3 - when i went to 10.7.2 i had major freezing issues relating to the java update iirc. I am thinking to try this this weekend when work slows down.

Has anyone that DID have issues with 10.7.2 / java update, upgraded to 10.7.3 successfully? I know it's a niche question but figured I'd ask.

linux2mac realtec kernel panic 10.7.3

ok i solved my frequent kernel panics, they where caused by a plugin INSIDE ionetworkingfamily.kext

the plugin was AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext i don't know how it ended there but it was starting before lnx2mac realtec driver and causing kernel panics when i used the ethernet.

i removed it form ionetworfamily corrected permissions and now its running prefect without KPs

Regards

Aberracus

Hi everybody,
after a long doubtful period I decided to upgrade my Lion 10.7.2 to the last release.
Fortunately no troubles except the sound, but I solved running Multibeast 4.3 with ALC8xxHDA and AppleHDA Rollback.
I hoped to solve the random freezings of my system but I didn't succeed. :thumbdown:
Do you recommend to run the Combo OpenCL Enabler for my GTX 460 SE?
Bye
Rommy

successful upgrade to 10.7.3 ONLY when i use multibeast to re-install ATI HD48xx kexts.

for those who has realtek ALC1200 audio issue, it may be fixed by:

1. remove all *HDA*.kext
2. install "ASUS P5QL PRO Realtek ALC888 (ALC1200) for Lion"
3. reboot and it will works for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back