Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.7.3 Update - The Official Thread (Desktops)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok i think i will try to update again...

I have to ask you some questions first:

I don't use the AppleHDA kext, because i have ALC1200 and i have a separate kext for it, will i have to use some rollbacks from multi beast?

Also, in case it does f**k up again, how can i restore to my previous, functional version, via time machine?

I use my mac os x full time, and have a lot of work done on it, and don't want to lose it

Update to 10.7.3 from 10.7.2 from the download without problem!

I did a fresh install of Lion 10.7.3 and everything works great! The only problem I'm having is that when I try to sign in to the App Store, it's giving me an error, saying something like your computer could not be confirmed. I enter my Apple ID and password and it gives me the error. iTunes I have no problem. Help!! :banghead:

Your iTunes login error is probably caused by your internet connections.
Try deleting all internet connections, restart, and setting up your ethernet first.

If any of you have audio issues, try deleting the HDA files in the s/l/extensions folder. Then try reloading files.

It's not iTunes I'm having the problem with its the App store.

Does anyone make new supplemental update 10.7.3 , that must resolve issue when restoring a Mac from a Time Machine backup?

I was finally able to update to the 10.7.3 however now my iTunes causes a KP again. My last fix was to download iTunes from the website and reinstall but this didn't work this time.

How do I del itunes completely to try to reinstall. Everytime I try I get an error message saying iTunes is a part of the OS and can't be deleted.

after upgrading to 10.7.3 (smoothly, from software update), i lost sound ...

tried a couple different things (kind of panicked at some point in time) ...

but what finally worked was this thread

this is what i did
- deleted applehda.kext (and some other audio related kext that i had installed during my previous failed attempt)
- rebooted
- ran kext
- rebooted
- installed the applehda version from the above thread
- rebooted

and bam ! i had sound again !! blisssss !!!

i had the dsdt for my mobo (gigabyte z68xp-ud3) so i didn't ran through the other steps in idd's thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back