Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.7.2 Update - The Official Thread (Desktops)

Status
Not open for further replies.
HI

I don't know if this solution can help you but, on my asus p5qc ,audio is acl 1200 or 1000, it depend the revision of your mobo.
I used voodoo HDA it work fine with the 10.7.2, but sound did clac clac , i set up voodooHDA in system preference activate sse2 and noise reduction and now very great sound with my bose system.

hope it help you

Antheus

Tonys tips did not work for me, even though I tried each (not necessarily in the same order).

What worked for me is adding:
<key>PCIRootUID</key>
<string>1</string>

to Extras org.chamelon.Boot.plist (which I think earlier had a different name).

That is the same tip that got the App Store to work a month ago.
Unfortunately this tip DISABLES my second monitor. That is quite annoying because I need it to cut video and don't like to switch back and forth.

Removing it now does not bring back my second monitor (as it did before starting iCloud.)

Sorry, posted in the wrong thread, will repost it in the iCloud thread

Removing it iCloud seems to continue to work, but my second monitor is blank (goes blank while booting/switching to the right screen resolution).

Does anyone know how to revive it??

(Sorry, posted in the wrong thread, moved it to iCloud thread).

Tman7Deuce said:
Observations with 10.7 and 10.7.2 Update:-

Firstly, I too have tried multiple attempts to upgrade to 10.7.2, starting from 10.6.3 --> 10.6.8 --> 10.7.0 --> 10.7.1 --> 10.7.2 and everything works fine until the final upgrade to 10.7.2.......common error on here of Blank screen when switching to GUI and verbose giving [PCI Configuration begin ]. Tried all suggested fixes , PCIRootUID=1, -v, -x etc and nothing resolves the issue.

Through my multiple installs, I have noticed the following:-

* From 10.6.8
Create 8GB partition (Lion Installer) on HDD and use xMove1.1 to copy installer to this 8GB partition.
Boot into Lion Installer (using rBoot disc) and install 10.7.0 onto S/L drive. Run MB and using a old DSDT for my video card, can get Video, Sound and Network fine.

* Clean install from 8GB partition (Lion Installer)
Boot into Lion Installer (using rBoot disc) and install 10.7.0 onto blank partition.
Reboot (without running MB) using rBoot and when setting up, asked how this device is connected to the Internet with only 2 options selectable (dial up and not connected to internet).
At this stage, video is ok, network not usable and no sound.
Ran MB multiple times with no success for network. Completes successfully, but network not picked up.

Fed up with the multiple installs from 10.6.3 - 10.6.8 - 10.7.0 - 10.7.2, I have now created a USB installer from my download. This allows me to install skipping S/L with the following results.

* Clean install from 16GB USB stick (Also has 10.7.2 combo update, MB, DSDT etc)
Boot into 16GB USB stick (using rBoot disc) and install 10.7.0 onto blank partition.
When setting up, NO LONGER asked how this device is connected to the Internet.
At this stage, video is ok, network works 100% and no sound.
Reboot (without running MB) using rBoot and can log into 10.7.0 with no issues.
Run MB - Can still log into 10.7.0 no issues.....have not attempted sound fix.
Run 10.7.2 combo:-
- Reboot with rBoot and black screen at GUI startup
- Install MB (DSDT from tonymacx86 database), Still black screen.
- Install MB (DSDT from my 10.6.8), Still black screen.
Certainly a Video card issue which needs further hours invested!!! :banghead:

If anyone else is sick of installing, create USB drive and boot using rBoot for fastest install to 10.7.0. I currently have 3 partitions on the go to get the video card issue resolved. Hopefully sometime soon I might have the right combination for my setup.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated should anyone know the issue with the black screen with the earlier nVidia cards.

Cheers

I am using a Nvidia 9800GT Green with a Gigabyte P45 motherboard. I use xMove to create the Lion installer partition (8GB) and boot to the installer using Chimera (pressing a key and choose Installer). The installation of Lion onto a blank partition went smoothly. Graphics worked out of the box and I installed the 10.7.2 Combo Update without running MultiBeast. Reboot, press a key and select to boot from the Lion partition (otherwise it boots Snow Leopard directly) and Lion came up. Only then did I run MultiBeast 4.0.3 to get back network.

Not sure about your problems. Seems to be a video card problem but then Snow Leopard and even Lion 10.7.1 works perfectly. :?:

By the way, how do you create the Lion USB installer? Is it just using Disk Utility to restore the Lion installer dmg file to an USB stick?

I just used Xmove v1.1 and installed to the inserted USB.
Same process as the 8GB you create on the HDD, but destination USB.

Are you using the standard DSDT from the database on this website or have you modified your own?

Hope you have success.

Tman7Deuce said:
I just used Xmove v1.1 and installed to the inserted USB.
Same process as the 8GB you create on the HDD, but destination USB.

Are you using the standard DSDT from the database on this website or have you modified your own?

Hope you have success.

I see. Yes, using xMove installing to a USB stick should work.

I did not use DSDT. I installed Lion, ran the 10.7.2 Combo Update, and then ran MultiBeast 4.0.3 to activate the network. I use a Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Value sound card for audio so MultiBeast is not required for audio. Graphics worked automatically.

Did the update with the combo update. Upon reboot i get funky screen(Pic attached).
When i reboot with rBoot it boots fine!
And when i boot with -v My read out is (Pic attached)

Please help....gotta be something with graphics...
I ran into this when i went from SL to Lion but cant for the life of me remember how i fixed

P.s Funkyscreen is sideways in the photo not on screen...lol

Attachments

• FunkyScreen.JPG
    FunkyScreen.JPG
    224.2 KB · Views: 280
  • Verbose.JPG
    Verbose.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 281
Greekone said:
Did the update with the combo update. Upon reboot i get funky screen(Pic attached).
When i reboot with rBoot it boots fine!
And when i boot with -v My read out is (Pic attached)

Please help....gotta be something with graphics...
I ran into this when i went from SL to Lion but cant for the life of me remember how i fixed

P.s Funkyscreen is sideways in the photo not on screen...lol

It seems to be something wrong with the audio. Try the audio rollback or something. Use -x to boot into safe mode and see if that works.

Kali epitixia ;)

I have managed to get on with this combo update. But now my Mac starts only in 1 of 3 cases - other 2 give me KPs. What could wrong?

TO MANPOWER :

HI

i didn't remove appleHDA , just cross my finger ;)

Seriously i did anything man

Antheus

Hello Guys,

I updated from Lion 10.7.1 to 10.7.2 and after i restarted nothing is coming i get a blank screen after apple loading screen... :?:

Do anyone know what is the problem??? Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back