Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.7.2 Update - The Official Thread (Desktops)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went from 10.6.7 to 10.7.2 on my daughters Hackintosh and all is well. I lost sound after using MB Extension Migration tool and had to UsekernelCache=no to get it back. I tried Onyx cache removal, removing all system and user caches as well as manually doing it with no luck. I reinstalled the kexts, rebuilt the cache and now I'm ok - not sure why a cache clean and rebuild did not work. I'm pretty sure I cleaned up and rebuilt the caches right. Anyways, all is well now. iCloud works, sound and kernel cache etc. all work well. -Mike

So I installed the update and everything is working great, except the audio.

Z68MX-UD2H-B3 F11 mobo w/ onboard audio, which was working in 10.7.1

I installed and restarted but didn't do the AppleHDA rollback with Multibeast until after I rebooted, so maybe this broke it.

I cannot get sound working even after deleting audio kexts and replacing..

Ran MB with AppleHda Rollback , with System utilities and still nothing... Any Ideas?

Also Lost Bluetooth power for Adapter (DBT 120) on bootup.
Have to plug in keyboard to hit enter at bootscreen...

jjc6676 said:
So I installed the update and everything is working great, except the audio.

Z68MX-UD2H-B3 F11 mobo w/ onboard audio, which was working in 10.7.1

I installed and restarted but didn't do the AppleHDA rollback with Multibeast until after I rebooted, so maybe this broke it.

I cannot get sound working even after deleting audio kexts and replacing..

Ran MB with AppleHda Rollback , with System utilities and still nothing... Any Ideas?

Also Lost Bluetooth power for Adapter (DBT 120) on bootup.
Have to plug in keyboard to hit enter at bootscreen...

check around ,,, it seems like a number of people are reporting that they had to rub MB twice to get sound back. Illogical ... but there you go...

R.

I have upgraded and I have also patched AICPM (167.0) for my Asus P8P67 WS Revolution. The only problem is the USB.

Once repaired permissions and restarted the system, I can not enter the password in the login, nor moving the mouse.

Someone could post the version 10.7.1 kexts?

Thank you.

EDIT:

I just solved all my problems with my Asus P8P67 WS Revolution: USB and audio work. The problem was in the DSDT, which had to be rebuilt after the new update.

10.7.2 and Asus P8P67 WAS Revolution, are in love.

Remember to rebuild your dsdt, once upgraded to 10.7.2.

> Updated to 10.7.2 (not restart)
> Multibeast, installing NCPM (NullCPUPowerManagment)
> Repair permissions
> Start Lion
> Recreate the DSDT
> Put new DSDT in its own folder / E
> Reboot and be happy.

Installed the non-dsdt ALC889 next along with AppleHDA Rollback and ALC8xxHDA and all works now
jjc6676 said:
So I installed the update and everything is working great, except the audio

Updated my Core i5 Sandy Bridge hackintosh with DSDT using Software update, reinstalled audio kext, continued with my life.

Yay for completely problem-free updates.

Here are the issues I ran into updating to 10.7.2:

First try:
Ran combo update
ran MB 4.0.3 to fix audio before rebooting
changed SN in smbios.plist (I wanted to try and get everything working with one reboot)
reboot
hangs at spinning wheel -verbose shows it hanging at HDAEnabler

I could boot into the drive using rBoot. Tried running MB several times but still ended up hanging at the same point. At this point I didn't know what was causing the problem. Whether it be the combo, the HDA rollback or even if changing the SN had something to do with it. So I restored from a CCC backup and started again.

Second try:
ran combo update
reboot and everything was fine except Audio. Ran MB 4.0.3 again for HDA rollback.
reboot and it hangs at the same point... damn.
Just as a fluke I tried to boot into 32bit kernel using arch=i386. Everything worked, including audio. So now I was running 10.7.2 but only when booting into 32bit. System would always hang when trying to boot into 64bit. :?:

I remembered that on the last update (10.7.1) I had to run MB to get audio and ethernet working again, but everything worked fine then in both 32 & 64bit modes. However I was still using MB from when I set up the system using SL 10.6.8. So I thought maybe that was it. So I restored from CCC again and tried again.

Third try:
combo update
reboot
MB 3.8.0 for HDA rollback (only thing not working)
reboot
everything works fine and I'm able to boot into 64bit with audio working.
no icloud
changed SN in chameleon
reboot
everything working including iCloud.

So for some reason on my system running MB 4.0.3 to fix audio causes system to only be bootable in 32bit mode. MB 3.8.0 fixes audio and will boot both 32bit & 64bit.

chimera 1.4.5
GA-H67-UD2H-B3 + DSDT
i5 2400
ALC 889

Hopes this helps someone with the same config running into the same issue. (although it wouldn't be noticed unless trying to boot 64bit kernel)

This update is the first update to give me KP and leave my system in a non working state.
After combo update It boots right into KP. Cannot boot in verbose, single user mode or safe mode. I get the chimera, chameleon boot screen (depending on which disc, method I use) and instant KP as soon as the apple logo comes on screen.

Thankfully I saved my Install partition on my HD from when I installed Lion 10.7. I Re-install Lion and can then boot in safe mode. All files, apps, programs are intact. I try using multibeast for lion with easybeast, Chimera 1.54 (still using 10.7) and I get instant kernel panic again when rebooting.

I repeat the above process (installing lion from install partition of hard drive) I try using the multibeast (non Lion) with my custom DSDT and I get the KP again. Once again I repeat the install process as this is the only way to get back to being able to use boot in safe mode; I then go to non lion multibeast, select easydsdt, network option and repair rebuild caches etc. and presto I'm back. run Combo update, non lion multibeast, repair/rebuild cache etc.. using chameleon, works great except no Icloud.
Chimera does not work at all; that goes for 1.54 and earlier, only chameleon works.

What happened? How can I get back to using my custom DSDT for my MB; I trashed it and it's no longer available anywhere. How can I get around the icloud issue and why doesn't the multibeast lion edition work?

I need some help; this is the first update that caused this trouble; I'm frustrated and tired and almost giving up.

I've been having this for a while now but my sound has a lot of static. Is anyone else getting this on os x?

Observations with 10.7 and 10.7.2 Update:-

Firstly, I too have tried multiple attempts to upgrade to 10.7.2, starting from 10.6.3 --> 10.6.8 --> 10.7.0 --> 10.7.1 --> 10.7.2 and everything works fine until the final upgrade to 10.7.2.......common error on here of Blank screen when switching to GUI and verbose giving [PCI Configuration begin ]. Tried all suggested fixes , PCIRootUID=1, -v, -x etc and nothing resolves the issue.

Through my multiple installs, I have noticed the following:-

* From 10.6.8
Create 8GB partition (Lion Installer) on HDD and use xMove1.1 to copy installer to this 8GB partition.
Boot into Lion Installer (using rBoot disc) and install 10.7.0 onto S/L drive. Run MB and using a old DSDT for my video card, can get Video, Sound and Network fine.

* Clean install from 8GB partition (Lion Installer)
Boot into Lion Installer (using rBoot disc) and install 10.7.0 onto blank partition.
Reboot (without running MB) using rBoot and when setting up, asked how this device is connected to the Internet with only 2 options selectable (dial up and not connected to internet).
At this stage, video is ok, network not usable and no sound.
Ran MB multiple times with no success for network. Completes successfully, but network not picked up.

Fed up with the multiple installs from 10.6.3 - 10.6.8 - 10.7.0 - 10.7.2, I have now created a USB installer from my download. This allows me to install skipping S/L with the following results.

* Clean install from 16GB USB stick (Also has 10.7.2 combo update, MB, DSDT etc)
Boot into 16GB USB stick (using rBoot disc) and install 10.7.0 onto blank partition.
When setting up, NO LONGER asked how this device is connected to the Internet.
At this stage, video is ok, network works 100% and no sound.
Reboot (without running MB) using rBoot and can log into 10.7.0 with no issues.
Run MB - Can still log into 10.7.0 no issues.....have not attempted sound fix.
Run 10.7.2 combo:-
- Reeboot with rBoot and black screen at GUI startup
- Install MB (DSDT from tonymacx86 database), Still black screen.
- Install MB (DSDT from my 10.6.8), Still black screen.
Certainly a Video card issue which needs further hours invested!!! :banghead:

If anyone else is sick of installing, create USB drive and boot using rBoot for fastest install to 10.7.0. I currently have 3 partitions on the go to get the video card issue resolved. Hopefully sometime soon I might have the right combination for my setup.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated should anyone know the issue with the black screen with the earlier nVidia cards.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back