Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.7.2 Update - The Official Thread (Desktops)

Status
Not open for further replies.
TO MANPOWER :

HI

i didn't remove appleHDA , just cross my finger ;)

Seriously i did anything man

Antheus

Hello Guys,

I updated from Lion 10.7.1 to 10.7.2 and after i restarted nothing is coming i get a blank screen after apple loading screen... :?:

Do anyone know what is the problem??? Please help!

i went back to snow leopard since the 10.7.2 update screwed up everything.

macbookpro32 said:
i went back to snow leopard since the 10.7.2 update screwed up everything.

It is possible to get 10.7.2 running perfectly. It just has different requirements. The first issue arises with the system definition used. I'm working on a full tutorial for installation from scratch in less that 15 minutes.

So those with issues with App Store or iCloud - what I did is what some other recommended and used EFI Studio 1.1 to generate a device ID for my Ethernet. Placed that in the org.chameleon.Boot.plist and poof it worked.

Works on my XPS 420, 410 and GB UD7 machines.

Thanks!

Re: Mac OS X 10.7.2 Update - Install Sucess!

Hello to all!

Just a quick post of success in a new install of Lion with 10.7.2 Combo Update.

In short (See system listed in Signature):

xMove Install from Retail USB over working 10.6.8 system - Had to update smbios.plist to tonymac generic to install.
Reboot - all fine.
Installed 10.7.2 Combo Update - all fine.
Swapped s/n in smbios.plist to get iCloud going.
CMOS reset problem present - patched AppleRTC.

All working so far.

Only problem that has been noted so far is wake-on-lan no longer functions - was 100% operational in 10.6.8.

Thanks to all :thumbup:

My system can no longer boot; I Downloaded the 10.7.2 to update my install partition and now I cannot boot into my hackintosh with chimera or chameleon. Kernel Panic upon boot.

How can I fix this without being able to boot or having access to my hackintosh osx? This is horrifying; I may just have to buy a Mac.

Apples Bootcamp works flawless. It's f--ked up that there's no help here anymore

Hello Guys, Please Help!

I updated from Lion 10.7.1 to 10.7.2 and after i restarted nothing is coming i get a blank screen after the apple loading screen...

Does anyone know what is the problem??? Please help!

Looks like the peeps that couldn't install 10.7.2 had EX58 type mobos.

I am having an EX58-UD3R and have not managed to install the latest update no matter what. New DSDT (from tony's database), edited smbios ... everything.

Hope that someone will come up with a solution soon. I am currently using 10.7.1

So far I don't like Lion that much. It does really feel like Apple's Vista.

Installed the combo update. As stated by countless others, I had to re-run Multi-beast and install audio.

<===Specs

Thanks again to all of you out there who continually post and help others troubleshoot problems. :) Because of the generous resources on this site I have a set-up that has been flawless (read: turns on everytime and never a lockup or KP).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back